Jean Patou Joy Eau de Parfum Spray for Her 30 ml

Jean Patou Joy Eau de Parfum Spray for Her 30 ml

RRP: £58.85
Price: £29.425
£29.425 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

ok that's the first time i ever try any Jean Patou fragrance, i can sense a strength of harsh character in the over all concept though, i can feel it, it is present even if in this intended to be mild scent, Jean Patou as a brand may have lost its luxury standing by infiltrating the discount stores, yet there is still an air of opulence which is easily smelt when sampling their line. Joy Forever has a similarly clean, crisp and airy opening to the original Joy. The bergamot accord really lifts this fragrance, making it the perfect choice for a warmer day. JOY is a fragrance with an interesting history: conceived as the epitome of luxury and extravagance, its formula included an unprecedented amount of Jasmine of Grasse and May Rose, two of the most expensive ingredients in perfumery. It was SO expensive to produce, that even the perfumer warned Patou that it was “impossible” to be commercialized. If that wasn't enough, the Wall Street crashed, bringing thousands of rich families to ruin and generating the biggest economic crisis in history, the “Great Depression”.

Patou was discovered unresponsive in his home the night of March 8, 1936 and died less than an hour later. He had been found to have suffered a massive cerebral hemorrhage nearly 24 hours earlier. He died 4 months after his 48th birthday. His sister Madeleine and her husband Raymond Barbas continued the House of Patou.Steele, Valerie, ed. (2010). The Berg companion to fashion. Oxford: Bloomsbury Academic. pp.553–555. ISBN 978-1-84788-563-0. It lasts around 6 hours and projects well for the first hour and then becomes more measured. I use it in different climates, including hot days - the heat makes the flowers of this perfume vibrate even more, becoming even more alive and exuberant. When I was a child I didn't like to eat breakfast.my mom made breakfast using different homemade jams and marmalades to make breakfast irresistible for me(I always had and still have a sweet tooth).I remember my childhood breakfasts with rose petal jam,citron jam,quince marmalade,honeyed Jasmine tea and my mom's sweet voice singing an old song while rubbing marmalades on bread.Jean patou Joy is an extract of good old days for me,it doesn't smell old.it smells delightful. Joy EDP isn't wearable for me as a day fragrance. It really needs to decloak itself after about an hour. I went on to buy full-sized bottles of the EDP and EDT. The EDP, I will keep for later and the EDT, I plan to wear.

Some people say that JOY does not actually have a separate type of EAU DE JOY. If there is, it is likely to be a light version that the company has reconfigured for customer needs. It gives me the same feeling of luxury as Allure Sensuelle, but i will be able to process and finalize my feelings about it by the end of the day. It'd better be good, because i got in the habit of buying large bottles of fragrances that i believe i would potentially like. Henri Alméras, a perfumer that had worked before for Paul Poiret, was the creator of all the Patou perfumes that I've mentioned, as well as Chaldée, a fragrance that came to the world firstly as a scented tanning oil, and knew great success, especially in coastal places like Deauville and Monte-Carlo. The perfume branch of the Patou company was growing and it had subsidiaries in New York, as well as fields of roses and jasmine in Grasse, for it's own use in perfumes. "This control of every stage of production is another example of the care Jean Patou put into everything. It also reflects his fierce desire for independence, the better to run his house as he saw fit," references Emmanuelle Polle.

Pharmacy product

Then, Dior (owned by LVMH) co opted the name of 'Joy' for their version of Allure Sensualle. How creatively bankrupt. Perfumes can keep a name alive. "Joy" has remained a reference fragrance, one of the great commercial successes of the perfume industry. The Procter & Gamble group marketed it from 2001 to 2011, before the English group Designer Parfums took over.

Aside from this little story, what predominates on my skin other than the jasmine, is a shy rose. Shy because my skin doesn’t bring it forward. The star is jasmine, while all the other notes simply enhance it. It feels and smells rich, rounded, warm, well put together. Nothing screams, nothing smells out of place. The sandalwood is creamy, real sandalwood, the oakmoss albeit not strong, is wonderful. And the civet, my beloved civet, has manners, simply providing the necessary warmth that Joy needs to shine. And the musk, beautiful sexy musk! I didn’t think it’d be this good, and I’m happy to report it holds up to its status. Times like these I wish I could time travel and buy perfume from when everyone thought it would be this good forever. Trust me, if you come along bottles that have the baudruchage seal intact, invest. Perfumes so well made that stand the test of time decades later, willing to unfold under a perfume lovers nose! Jean Patou as a company suffered from going through the years of economic recession, but it had a contradictory approach: when things got tough, luxury was boosted. Even when the company was in difficulties, and so was its clientele, Patou's approach was always to surprise the market with seemingly nonsensical products. That was the case of Joy, the quintessence of rarity and supreme opulence. When in 1929, Jean Patou smelled the unreleased sample of what was to be Joy, he loved it, but the perfumer told him it would be impossible to release it in the marker, for the essences that had been used were too expensive, and impossible to use commercially due to the prohibitive price. Jean Patou took this answer and turned this perfume into a marketing strategy, announcing Joy as "The World's Costliest Perfume." It was a success!It’s price and the story behind it made Joy a legend and yes, having Joy meant the joy of having the fortune of affording it. Michel Goma remained at the head of the fashion house from 1963 to 1974. He developed ready-to-wear in parallel with his couture work. Plans are abandoned for 'something new'. A very millennial approach. Not all customers are Millenials. We don't all want syrupy, synthetic fruitichoulis everyday of the week. We even mourn Chanel with their insipidly weak formulations now. Joy" was voted "Scent of the Century" by the public at the Fragrance Foundation FiFi Awards in 2000, beating its rival " Chanel No. 5". [10] It brings my attention into focus of a time I have only experienced in photography,fashion and literature.The indolic rawness in contrasting against the deepest, most red cherries jubilee roses that should have been a dessert named for it!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop