Local Woman Missing: A Novel of Domestic Suspense

Local Woman Missing: A Novel of Domestic Suspense

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Because Local Woman Missing is terrifically entertaining, fast-paced, and compelling. It keeps you guessing, and the guessing is great fun.

The one person who may have all the answers is the daughter Delilah as she reappears eleven years later. Where has she been? Can she answer the question of what happened to her and her mother?But I wish the author found a better solution to fix this unique puzzle because the story line was strong. I have read and truly liked this author's books having read three of them. However, this one was a total fail for me. From ridiculous staccato sentences to implausible circumstances, the story just didn't hold true.

Is there any serial kidnapper at this peaceful local town? What was the connection of two random women? Yesssssss. Thrill meter has swung over to the green. A thriller that finally thrilled. My first Kubica and I’m delighted I was not disappointed. Thrillers and mysteries haven’t satisfied me this year but this one did it in spades.Local Woman Missing starts with a good hook that creates tension and suspense and increases with each chapter. I was fully invested in the story and had many questions I needed the answers to. I flew through it quite fast. MARY KUBICA delivers an intriguing, suspenseful, compelling, exciting, fast-paced, and enthralling story here that was so incredibly written. I was totally invested in the characters and cared deeply for them. I loved the dual past and present timelines as well as all the multiple narrators. The way that the story came together in the end was absolutely perfect and had me feeling all those giddy book emotions that I strive for. I liked the execution till the last chapters and the characterization were great till one of the characters completely turn into some villain ( nope, I’m still having second thoughts about it! )

But he holds me so tightly that for a moment, the emotions are at bay. The sadness and fear, the regret and the loathing. He bottles them up inside his arms so that for a split second I don’t have to be the one carrying the weight of them. For this moment, the burden is his.” A woman and her daughter go missing. The daughter appears 11 years later after being held in a basement.

In addition to the twists spiraling out of control and into a level of implausibility, storylines were dropped, creating plot holes, leaving me with many unanswered questions. The story did fall short towards the end. The reveal and resolution just don't go well with the feel of the rest of the story. It seems so different compared to all that leads up to the end of the book. I did leave the story wanting to stay with some of the characters, I cared about them, despite somewhat clunky parts of the book. This was a very enjoyable read and it's going to say with me for a long time. My one critique would be the ending felt like it didn’t fit with the “amazing-ness” of the rest of the book. The ending seemed unrealistic, yet I was able to roll with it because the writing was so addictive and well done. Overall, an extremely entertaining and suspenseful novel that I highly recommend! A Garda spokesperson said: "Gardaí are seeking the public's assistance in tracing the whereabouts of 69-year-old Maureen O’Connor, who is reported missing from her home in Skehill, Glengarrif, Co. Cork, since Wednesday 25th October 2023.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop