YoyoFactory SHUTTER Yo-Yo - Black (World Yoyo Champion Pro Model)

£19.995
FREE Shipping

RRP: £39.99
Price: £19.995
£19.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Now before we actually get to the recommendations, there is one more thing that we need to talk about, and that is yoyo maintenance. I know that doesn’t sound like a whole lot of fun, but as all good yoyoers know, “a happy yoyo, makes a happy yoyoer.” You might also be a new player and say, I don’t really want to look through a whole list. Can’t you just tell me the one thing to get? Ok. I’ll just tell you three things, but this will make sense.

The first thing that you need to know is that these are actually machined on the same machines that make the metal yoyos that we have already talked about. That means that they can be held to nearly the same tolerances, and play just as smooth and great as metal yoyos, but the plastic that is used is quite a bit less dense than the aluminum in metal yoyos, which means that you can do more interesting thing with the design and still have a ton of weight left over to put into the stainless steel rim on the edge of the yoyo, so that the yoyos can play super powerfully, but you have got some more extreme things that you can do with the shape. You may be wondering, is there something out there even better than bi-metals, and we think arguably there is, and it is not tri-metals, it is actually plastic metal yoyo hybrids. The new way that they have been making these yoyos is pretty amazing, so I want to tell you a little bit about how they are made first, and then I will tell you the yoyos we really like the best. The last bi-metal yoyo that we want to recommend is kind of taking things in a different direction from the Edge Beyond and the Marco, and that is the Ethos.Now with the Shutter Wide Angle we have been able to keep a lot of the benefits we loved about the Shutter, but also add something new. Like the original Shutter this yoyo also has inner foil design which does put some of the weight more towards the center of the yoyo. Which is something that very few yoyos still do today, even though it worked so well with the Shutter, which does help the Shutter Wide Angle stand apart. What that does in terms of play is as the yoyo is moving outward and away from you, typically during your hop elements, it helps it stay on plane so that you can have a lot more confidence as the yoyo moves through space.

Another question people always ask us is, is there just one yoyo I can get to practice all 5 different styles? Unfortunately for 2A and for 4A, those styles are so different that you will need yoyos that are specialized for those styles. For the other 3 you can get just one model that works pretty good for all three. If we had to make just one recommendation, it would definitely be the Canon. When you buy a yoyo you are actually getting three things, well technically there are four things, but we will come to that last one at the end. What you are buying is a yoyo body, a yoyo bearing, and a yoyo string. Fast forward 4 years later, Shutter is here to stay. It is the go to yoyo for myself and thousands of players around the world.Designed from the ground up, the Shutter features an inner foil designed to achieve a weight distribution that offers power, speed, and control through long technical combinations and flashy performances. It also offers unique finger spin opportunities on both inner faces as well as a central and outer ring grind capabilities. There are two that I mentioned that we really love. One of them is the iCEBURG, the other one is the iPPON. Both are made by iYoYo, and we kind of like to call them the fraternal twins of yoyo design, because we like both of them so much, we just can’t decide which one we love better. One of the coolest things that you will notice about both of these is that they do have a finger spin dimple on the inside, and both of them are very, very easy to make finger spin, and because they are made out of plastic, they do not use up so much of the weight as they are creating the design to draw your finger into the center of the yoyo, certainly not nearly as much as you would need to use if you were using aluminum in its place, so it leaves so much weight left over that goes into these metal rims, that the yoyos both have a really, really powerful spin but they also both play really light and fast. Ever since the Shutter was launched in 2013 there have been small changes made to keep it at the forefront of modern performance and in-tune with the needs of current USA champion Gentry Stein. This year Gentry's Freestyle was a bit bigger and a bit bolder. The yo-yo he threw? Shutter WIDE ANGLE!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop