Press Here: Board Book Edition: 1 (Herve Tullet)

£3.495
FREE Shipping

RRP: £6.99
Price: £3.495
£3.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

We are determined to combat the evil of child sexual exploitation wherever it is found, and this Act is a big step forward. In addition to protecting children, the Act also empowers adults to have better control of what they see online. It provides 3 layers of protection for internet users which will: We know a safer life online cannot be achieved overnight; but Ofcom is ready to meet the scale and urgency of the challenge. The Online Safety Act has today (Thursday 26 October) received Royal Assent, heralding a new era of internet safety and choice by placing world-first legal duties on social media platforms.

Press Here by Hervé Tullet | Waterstones Press Here by Hervé Tullet | Waterstones

noted: “Tullet’s brilliant creation proves that books need not lose out to electronic wizardry; his colorful dots perform every bit as engagingly as any on the screen of an iPad.” Publishers Weekly (April) which is something to get excited about. I am immensely proud of the work that has gone into the Online Safety Act from its very inception to it becoming law today. The Bill protects free speech, empowers adults and will ensure that platforms remove illegal content. I would contend that Press Here is actually more interactive than many digital picture books. Touching, rubbing, shaking, blowing, tilting – can you name an app that registers all those different actions? As a children’s librarian I had to consider the readaloud potential of this book. Sure, it’s beautiful for one-on-one experiences. It would even work well with kids who’ve enough experience reading that they know what it’s saying at any given moment. But what about for storytimes with big groups of kids? Since the book is constantly telling “you” what “you” should do next, the reader would have to read the text and then do the instructions themselves. That could be fun, but if I know anything about toddlers and preschoolers, you know that you had better have some pretty long arms if you’re going read this aloud to them. Otherwise you might find them approaching you like small determined zombies, arms outstretched so that they might press and touch and rub and tap the book for themselves. At least you can get a big group to blow and clap their hands for the later portions of the story. That’s pretty good.The change in laws also now make it easier to charge abusers who share intimate images and put more offenders behind bars. Criminals found guilty of this base offence will face up to 6 months in prison, but those who threaten to share such images, or shares them with the intent to cause distress, alarm or humiliation, or to obtain sexual gratification, could face up to two years behind bars. The new laws take a zero-tolerance approach to protecting children from online harm, while empowering adults with more choices over what they see online. This follows rigorous scrutiny and extensive debate within both the House of Commons and the House of Lords. No-one should be afraid of what they or their children might see online so our reforms will make the internet a safer place for everyone.

HERE | English meaning - Cambridge Dictionary HERE | English meaning - Cambridge Dictionary

When we talk about interactive picture books we’re usually talking about pop-up books or tactile books with fuzzy/bumpy details. When we talk about picture books that break down the fourth wall, we’re usually talking about titles that approach the reader directly with a narrative like The Monster at the End of This Book or Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus or Can You Make a Scary Face So where do we slot the little French import Press Here by Herve Tullet? Interactive but also reliant on the paper format, this here’s an entirely new breed of book. One that has its finger firmly on the pulse of what kids are used to, while at the same time finding a way to both upset and exceed their expectations. Today will go down as an historic moment that ensures the online safety of British society not only now, but for decades to come.

Did we miss something on diversity?

Its suitableness for its target age range. This is a book that is targeted for kids who are learning how to follow directions. They are learning their manners and how to put their clothes on and how to line up for things at nursery school and such, and this book is (pardon the pun) spot on for them. I was pressing, rubbing, shaking and clapping along as I read the book, which I finished with a huge smile on my face - and I'm almost 47, yo, so just imagine how much more fun this book is for an actual child. Highly recommended for anyone with someone in the 2-7 age range around who wants to have some fun. Thanks to the incredible campaigning of abuse survivors and young people and the dedicated hard work of Parliamentarians and Ministers, tech companies will be legally compelled to protect children from sexual abuse and avoidable harm. Trolls who encourage serious self-harm, cyberflash or share intimate images without consent now face the very real prospect of time behind bars, helping protect women and girls who are disproportionately impacted by these cowardly crimes.

Goodreads Loading interface - Goodreads

In anticipation of the Bill coming into force, many social media companies have already started making changes. TikTok has implemented stronger age verification on their platforms, while Snapchat has started removing the accounts of underage users. Having an Online Safety Act on the statute book is a watershed moment and will mean that children up and down the UK are fundamentally safer in their everyday lives. It is recommended for children from 4 years to 8 years. I can truthfully say, you can start with this book much much younger. A dot is such a simple thing. A simple thing that turns into something magically fun in this marvelous new book by Hervé Tullet.

Keep in touch

The NSPCC will continue to ensure there is a rigorous focus on children by everyone involved in regulation. Companies should be acting now, because the ultimate penalties for failure will be eye watering fines and, crucially, criminal sanctions.

Press Here - Goodreads Books similar to Press Here - Goodreads

provide parents and children with clear and accessible ways to report problems online when they do arise These new laws give Ofcom the power to start making a difference in creating a safer life online for children and adults in the UK. We’ve already trained and hired expert teams with experience across the online sector, and today we’re setting out a clear timeline for holding tech firms to account.The way the book is formatted, it becomes an experience the child wants to do over and over again. What is the best... the person reading with the child will not mind at all. I was Stunned. The first time I read it with her, she was already familiar with it. I could see her anticipating what was coming next. She was captivated by the idea of doing all of the necessary things to make the book work. Online Safety Act receives Royal Assent in the Houses of Parliament, putting rules to make the UK the safest place in the world to be online into law the Act makes social media companies keep the internet safe for children and give adults more choice over what they see online

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop