Mark Levinson No. 5909 - High Resolution Wireless Headphones with Active Noise Cancellation (Red)

£499.5
FREE Shipping

Mark Levinson No. 5909 - High Resolution Wireless Headphones with Active Noise Cancellation (Red)

RRP: £999.00
Price: £499.5
£499.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Multipoint technology is available to pair the No. 5909 with two devices simultaneously, but it is a mess. Several times, the headphones crashed, producing this unbearably loud static noise, and powering off when attempting to pair them with a secondary device. When the feature did work, lag was present on my secondary device, or nothing would play at all. Mark Levinson No. 5909 review: Verdict I connected the 5909 wireless via AAC, AptX HD, and L2HC (similar to LDAC, a Huawei-proprietary HD audio codec). The sound was controlled, which audiophiles would consider neutral. However, I’d describe it as crisp and detailed, with a flow of neutrality followed at each frequency. I had no issues with the connectivity whatsoever. I took them out and the ANC helped the sound stay where it needed to be, in my ears. Having the sound signature of the 5909s with ANC is truly something. But it is a different style of listening experience. Are there more fun headphones out there with a low-end bass that have you jumping? Yes. You won’t be head-banging to any tune with the 5909s because that’s not what I believe these cans are for. You savour the experience, and your attention is there for the sound dynamics of the recording. Mark Levinson No 5909 headphones are luxurious, lightweight and durable. The first headphones from Mark Levinson, the No 5909 have been made using Mark Levinson 50 years work of experience making hi-fi equipment.

It pains me to not recommend a headphone that hits the magical tonality curve but here we are. I want the headphone experience to do things that even good speakers can't. And we simply are not there with Mark Levinson No 5909 headphone.The Mark Levinson No. 5909 is a magnificent choice. In fact, it is one of the best wireless all-rounder headphones I’ve come across lately. The wireless features are just a bonus for me.

Exclusive construction, including beryllium-plated diaphragms (Photo: Mark Levinson) The Harman CurveMy gripes concern the controls and app that are too basic for a wireless headphone at this price, and the ANC which cannot be used during phone conversations. If those two items can be fixed with a firmware update, this becomes a mandatory listen for anyone considering a high-end wireless headphone.

So far, this review has been rather grudging in its acceptance of the No. 5909 as a properly premium item, and has been keeping its powder dry ready to unleash a volley of invective regarding ‘value for money’ and ‘credulous lottery-winners’. The vocal experience is broad and wide feeling; however, I would not call it a headphone geared toward midrange or forward presentations. That an unremarkable button is the first and last of our criticisms gives you a strong hint at the answer to the question we posed at the beginning of our review: can wireless performance ever be so good as to justify such an expense? Again, the No. 5909 need to perform substantially better than the class-leading crop of cheaper competition – and they do. These headphones deliver precise and wide sound. The EQs are engineered well, and ANC is effective against most ambient noises without compromising the listening quality. A sleek design and long battery life add to the No. 5909’s high value. Noise-cancellation is a fractionally more qualified success. Nobody’s expecting the Business Class lounge to be as raucous as the departure gate, of course, but even so the No. 5909 can’t quite deal with everything going on around you, if ‘everything’ turns out to be ‘quite a lot’.You can specify the sort of noise-cancellation you’d like (‘off’, ‘on’ or ‘awareness’) in the Mark Levinson Headphones app (free for iOS and Android), and then choose between ‘low’, ‘high’ and ‘adaptive’ for noise-cancelling, and ‘ambient’ or ‘voice pass’ for awareness. The app also lets you select between three Levinson-approved EQ settings (or ‘bass contours’), and decide how long the headphones will remain powered up when they’re not playing. That’s about your lot – so while the app is clean, stable and useful as far as it goes, it doesn’t really go all that far.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop