Dead Inside

Dead Inside

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

SO, the main character in this book conveniently works as a security guard at a hospital, because obviously it’s the perfect place for him to indulge in all his fucked up desires. that’s the only question i’m able to force past my lips, despite the existence of other, more obvious, inquiries.

I will say this, if you can look past what's happening on the surface of the story you will absolutely love the author and the bleak tale he crafted. You know, you go into these gory horror movies seeing insane, gruesome, violent, crazy death traps that each new one introduced is worse than the one before until you get to the final, craziest trap of them all. Their interaction, the way they struggle to open up, along with their inner dialogues felt both compelling and amusing.Now, before I begin, I have to let you all know about the numerous kinds of trigger warnings in this book because it’s bad. about two people way off in the darkened shadows at the very edge of societal norms coming together to change each other for the. This book is horribly revolting but this author is so unbelievably talented that I can't stop myself from reading more. the obvious differences between Dexter, and the main character here though are that Dexter was actually quite likeable overall, and someone you kinda root for regardless of him being a murderer (while the mc in this book was clearly just a horrible person) and Dexter obviously wasn’t a necrophiliac. It’s as though she’s looking into me, like she can see me for the perverse freak that I am, but instead of turning away in disgust, she seems almost captivated.

Thinking out loud, I feel like a 5-star rating is an endorsement that bears responsibility and I don't want to be held responsible for anyone picking this book up because they see my star rating as some kind of approval for books of this nature. Let me tell you, there's a particular scene featuring a dead fetus that left me feeling dirty and violated just for reading it. I see a lot of people saying Morrison’s writing is brilliant and unique because all of this is intended as satire, and maybe that’s true and I’m the one who’s missing something here, but either way, Dead Inside didn’t work for me, and not for the reasons I expected.The main character’s necrophilia is on full display from the beginning, but we also delve into some scenes of cannibalism, pedophilia, and glorification of rape.

It's truly hilarious how our main character is obsessed with existing outside society, but in reality he is nothing but a product of the patriarchy with thoughts and feelings just like so many pathetic men I've unfortunately known IRL. Gripping the sides of the icy metal table, eyes crawling over her gorgeously ravaged body, I begin to thrust. While being different might bring a sense of isolation, there is also liberation in knowing who you are and walking a different path from the horde without the need to change or seek social validation, and if you happen to meet a like-minded weirdo to walk beside you, it can add to the experience. As they unwittingly help each other understand a world in which neither seems to belong, they begin to realize what it truly means to be alive.I loved the dynamic between the twisted main characters, who just happened to be a nihilistic necrophiliac and a cannibal doctor. Dead Inside fell under my radar from a one-star review on how disturbing this book is, and her feelings are valid. This, in turn opens the door to reflections of the legitimacy of legal crimes involving dead bodies such as desecration, necrophilia or even cannibalism. I feel like all the blood in my body has rushed into my groin, and there’s an undeniable magnetism between our genitalia, pulling me toward her, beckoning me into her.

Dead Inside gives even further food for thought, for instance by presenting victims of consensual violence who die a happy death, prompting its main character to wonder about how fucked up people can get, even more than himself. They have a conversation while Helen is consuming a dead baby and he tells her that he isn’t going to tell anyone about her activities if she keeps his own a secret and this act forges a bond between the pair. If you can stomach the content then I would recommended picking it up and I will be checking out more of Morrison’s work in the future. The relationship between them sours despite Helen asking him to stop shutting her out which he does to an extent but it isn’t the same as before.It’s a feeling that’s hard to explain but let’s just say, you feel guilty for reading this and will want to read a book to cleanse yourself because it’s that grimy and obscenely sexual. It's like Morrison crawled into the deepest, most demented corners of his mind, pulled out the most revolting, disgusting, fucked up, deranged, necrophile obscenities and fashioned them into prose.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop