The Santa Suit: A Novel

The Santa Suit: A Novel

RRP: £15.99
Price: £7.995
£7.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Maybe Mary Kay Andrews heard my pleas because this book has a healthy amount of holiday spirit without overdoing it.

From Mary Kay Andrews, the New York Times bestselling author of Hello, Summer , comes a novella celebrating the magic of Christmas and second chances in The Santa Suit . At first I wished it would explore more the small town our main character Ivy moved to after her divorce, and after I craved for more romance scenes.Whimsical, magical, warm and fuzzy: all the feelings a great Christmas story should inspire. Somehow, this book was all that and so much more. The newly divorced woman who is still struggling with her feelings of abandonment and loss touched me deeply, as did the lives of the people who lived in her farmhouse before her and the friends she makes in her journey this Christmas season. The first time I got acquainted with "The Santa Suit" was during the Christmas holidays of 2016, as I sat down for a Christmas movie marathon with my family. I was expecting a silly Christmas comedy, ha ha, a Scrooge executive is changed into Santa, learns the error of his ways (while making us laugh at his predicaments) and of course is magically transformed into the reformed Scrooge by the end. I expected nothing really special, but since it's rated 6.7 I expected to enjoy it.

I loved the quaint town...I found it cozy and refreshing...in fact I would move there in a heartbeat. I loved the connection the people had in the town...I loved the rescue dog named Punkin. I loved the story of the letter that Ivy found in the old Santa suit. I just simply fell in love with the town! Whew! That is a lot of love! Can you tell I loved it??! It's just a cute story filled with nostalgia and some Christmas magic. Nothing deep. Just heartwarming. I highly recommend it! What's on offer here is a sweet, unsteamy romantic story about a house, its secrets, and a town full of the kind of people you wouldn't look at twice unless you Believe, like Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. After all, who's to say who's who? The fact that everyone, literally everyone, comes out of this short read with exactly what they need and what the want, well...it's a category romance with a Christmas theme and its title is The Santa Suit. You're getting what you signed up for!

Site Customisation

Ivy, still hurting and bitter from her recent divorce, which forced her to leave the company she helped build, is ready for a new start. Tired of the rat race in Atlanta, she decides to buy an old farmhouse—sight unseen—in the small town of Tarburton, NC. She hopes that this will be the jumpstart she needs to redo her life.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop