The Secret Life of an Uncool Mum: The most funny Sunday Times bestselling debut novel about motherhood you’ll read this year

£4.495
FREE Shipping

The Secret Life of an Uncool Mum: The most funny Sunday Times bestselling debut novel about motherhood you’ll read this year

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I absolutely love this woman !! From her viral Tik Toks, to her books Serena Terry aka Mammy Banter tells us her real life mummyhood stories in a hilarious fashion. We’ve all been there, those of us who have children but even those who don’t can understand some of Serena’s hilarious embarrassing moments. I liked Tara, she was a good person, I thought Gemma needed to be put in her place and told off. The absolute gem was Paul. He was patient, understanding and present.

The Secret Life of an Uncool Mum: The most funny Sunday Times

I suppose I found it more hilarious because it was all relevant to me - I too have 3 children, including a 13 year old and a two toddlers and my god this book just captures what real life is like perfectly. Brilliantly written, very very funny and so relatable! There’s lots of mortifying moments along the way and you can’t help but feel for her as it’s like reading the trials and tribulations of a best friend. As I said, very relatable! And this might be the best narrated book I’ve ever listened too. Not only is it narrated by the author, Serena Terry, but it is so brilliantly acted and performed, that you can really honestly put yourself straight slap bang into the middle of the book and get swept up into the frantic life of Tara and her brood.Tara is constantly pointing out other people based on looks, especially other women. She acts as if they are judging her when it is her who is judging them based on their weight, looks and if their are a woman, whether they have kids or not. I enjoyed the premise, as I'm a mom around the main character's age and feel the same about never making time for myself. Alot of the references I understood and made me nostalgic. It was a cute, light read. I don't think it's something I'd read again but I did get a couple laughs and some heartfelt moments from this book. It is a bit confusing with the derry/Irish words, but there is a little reference to these words at the end of the book (which I didn't notice until the end) so I just kind of read these words and didn't completely understand what it meant. I loved the premise and the main character finding to love herself more while realizing sometimes things are better as they are. Also, after I reading this I realized the Author was popular on social media. I could see her wit inside the writing so I'm sure her social media platforms are a bit funny! Overall, this is one of those novels where you want to keep reading, it makes you smile, laugh, and reminisce about the good ol’ times. A definite book to make your day or week even better.

The Secret Life of an Uncool Mom by Serena Terry | Goodreads The Secret Life of an Uncool Mom by Serena Terry | Goodreads

This was a hoot! Really enjoyed every bit! Parenting, finding yourself, romance, friendship, work, and more! Not only is she battling with her teenage daughter and two little boys she is also fighting her way to the top in work, with some difficulty. This story like the narrator was hilarious. Some of the things to come out of Tara's mouth I've said myself (on a weekly basis I tell my husband Im going to punch him in thd balls because of our children 😆) so listening to this was Iike sitting down and having a vent with my best friends.Though I wanted to punch Gemma at times, the way she treated her mom went beyond teen stuff at times. I mean, I remember being pretty ugh at times, but I wasn’t that bad. Plus… well there were other factors as well at play in my case. Later in the book she got way better and even was sweet towards her mom. Which made me smile. Just a shame some bad/unhappy things had to happen first before she started to treat her mom with respect. Having seen family and friends go through some tough stuff with their kids I can relate to Tara from and outsider perspective. The thing of you never know what someone is going through so be nice to everyone should be thought by everyone.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop