The Comfort Zone: Create a Life You Really Love with Less Stress and More Flow

The Comfort Zone: Create a Life You Really Love with Less Stress and More Flow

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Along the way,Easter uncovers a blueprint for leveraging thepower of discomfort that will dramatically improve our health and happiness, and perhaps even help us understand what it means to be human.The Comfort Crisisis a bold call tobreak out of your comfort zone and explore the wild within yourself. Exercising creativity is a good way to train yourself to have a growth mindset and let go of a need for perfection from the outset. 6. Challenge your beliefs.

Smith, J. C., Bradley, M. M., & Lang, P. J. (2005). State anxiety and affective physiology: Effects of sustained exposure to affective pictures. Biological Psychology, 69, 247–260. As a recovering workaholic, everything in this book makes sense - it left me feeling a little defeated and uncertain of what is 'doing the right thing'. I felt like this was a good devil's advocate for the usual societal norms of GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE - and rather, this book suggests how to return or foster that zone instead—conveying the message that in an ideal world, we would prioritise relationships, connections, relaxation, and the things we enjoy. The Yerkes–Dodson Law (Yerkes & Dodson, 1907) is true not just for more tangible types of performance, such as being given a stressful new task at work, but also in many life areas such as understanding ourselves, relating to others, and so on. The Comfort Zone" by Kristen Butler is an eye-opening guide to the power of embracing discomfort and venturing beyond our familiar boundaries. This book is a must-read for anyone seeking personal growth, resilience, and self-discovery.Also the fact that the line "All I need to do to be successful is to be myself and follow my own internal guidance. If I can dream it and claim it, I can receive it." sounded a tad manifesty trust the universe and everything will magically work out for you vibes.

This is the most fitting book to bid adieu to 2021 with. The last day of a very long and extremely trying year. Thank you Matt Haig, always ❤ I truly wish you knew the effect your words have on people.transform your relationship with your Comfort Zone. Once you do, you may find your life too changes in ways you simply cannot imagine. I read this one slowly, deliberately spaced apart over two months. I reached for this book during a particularly stressful time. I wasn’t reading much during that phase but I kept this book close to me. I usually don’t read self-help books because in most cases I find them a tad “preachy” (no offense intended, personal opinion). Having enjoyed Matt Haig’s The Midnight Library, I decided to give this book a try.

Reflections on hope, survival and the messy miracle of being alive. And in the darkness even the tiniest fragments of light can shine, capture our attention and maybe even lead us home” Like other benefits of leaving the comfort zone, this probably won’t happen overnight. Yet the cumulative upward spiral of achievement and confidence can become a potent asset for anyone. Beliefs are our brain’s way of making sense of and explaining the world around us. They originate from our environment and the events we live through, but at the end of the day, every belief originates with a choice.” Becoming is better than being. The fixed mindset does not allow people the luxury of becoming. They have to already be. This book is an easy read, that I finished within two days because I couldn’t put it down…Inspiring, motivating, and encouraging, do not pass this up…”

A lot of workaholics linger in the survival zone, and they may even be admired for their work ethic. But driving all of this effort is a layer of fear – fear that goals are out of reach, that being themselves isn’t enough, that their achievements don’t measure up to those of others. Within the comfort zone, there isn’t much incentive for people to reach new heights of performance. It’s here that people go about routines devoid of risk, causing their progress to plateau. It's a warm, cozy evening by the fire, sipping your coffee, walking through the autumn leaves after the rain, learning to breathe in and out slowly type of book. Yeah, it's comforting. After a learning period, a new comfort zone is created, expanding one’s ability to reach even greater heights. This is what it means to be in the growth zone. Like with any self-help book, you take what gets at you and leave the rest. Some of it felt just a touch cheesy and overdone but it was a good mood boost overall.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop