Angrynomics

Angrynomics

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The worry of covid rendering a lot of the claims irrelevant is mentioned in the closing remarks, while this may be somewhat true, overall this book is very useful in giving an understanding of the modern world and issues that seem to defy economics taught in school.

Admittedly, I wish I was more well-versed in economic jargon—I know this would have helped with my captivation in some areas. Personally, my favourite part of the book refers to the portion where Lonergan and Blyth employ an analogy of capitalism being like a computer that crashes from time to time and requires rebooting.One of the tools of that policy shift was the deregulation of finance and capital that had existed for 200 years in the United States and by extension Europe and the rest of the world. Here, the authors failed to discuss one of the other big reasons for stress: social media and the polarisation and anger it generates. Especially how politicians exploit it for getting votes instead of addressing real economical issues.

In recent years, the toxic sense that people are voiceless and action is futile has paralysed our democracies. Moreover, given that different hardware and software configurations have emerged over time in different places, it should not be a surprise that what Denmark produces, consumes and values, should be different from what China produces, consumes and values. They've tried to draw together most of the economic forces at work into a coherent framework that explains why everyday people - us - are all so hopping mad with how things are going right now in the west.But the biggest fall out of a tribal rage is its remorseless and deliberate exploitation by politicians of various divides, hues and colour to further their own interests, push their party’s ideologies and peddle otherwise unacceptable policies. First proposed by Martha Nussbaum, who in turn, relied on the works of the psychologist Carol Travis, moral anger is an outcome of perceptions such as ‘insults’, ‘slights’, ‘condescension’, ‘being treated as if I were of no account’ etc. Angrynomics” is a very essential and relevant work especially considering the unprecedented times that we find ourselves in. The premise is simple enough … why with an increasing broad economic prosperity is there a growing unrest and feeling from segments of people that they have been left out, and why are those voices exerting such strength in the political sphere? Esta muy claro que la incertidumbre y la inseguridad en nuestra vida laboral han aumentado de manera desconcertante y estresante.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop