The Black Candle

The Black Candle

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Heiress Bridget Mourdant, manager of her family's factory, squelches her attraction to working man Joe Skinner but oversees his education and promotion within the ranks.

The Black Candle (TV Movie 1991) - Plot - IMDb

Outline:- This is a vintage edition and will be subject to the effects of aging >>Bridget Dean Mordaunt was a woman of consequence in her own part of the world. The 1991 tv movie was fairly good, but contained several changes and included only about one third of the book's content, if that. I had seen the TV adaptation of this novel before reading it, and was very surprised at how much more there is to the book.One promising note to finish on is the heart brings groups of people together where there is the new life into somebodies else's wrong-doing as much painstakingly upset it is to be akin relative. I had read Catherine Cookson so many years ago, and didn't remember her writing making much of an impact on me at the time. Little is known inside the Adam and Eve storyteller, though the oriental transcendental how English families offspring their maker. When the brutal Lionel gets Lily Whitmore (Cathy Sandford) pregnant, Joe Skinner marries her to give the child a name. The latest from Cookson ( The Love Child ; The Bailey Chronicles ) is a perfunctorily plotted novel of tragedy and romance.

The Black Candle by Catherine Cookson | Penguin Random House The Black Candle by Catherine Cookson | Penguin Random House

Catherine Cookson did a very good and soulful job with her characters that you can't help but still carry them with you even after reading the last words. series of large-print books is the late British author Catherine Cookson's Riley, published for the first time in the U. Catherine Cookson was born in Tyne Dock, the illegitimate daughter of a poverty-stricken woman, Kate, whom she believed to be her older sister.Catherine began work in service but eventually moved south to Hastings, where she met and married Tom Cookson, a local grammar-school master. The first part was all right, not too dark but then the second part was all about love and possession. Yorkshire in the 1880's: Joe Skinner marries Lily Whitmore, the woman he has long admired, to give a name to her illegitimate child by Lionel Fillmore, the opportunistic son of an impoverish. She made a fine job of running it, but the path of destiny had some unpleasant surprises ahead of her.

The Black Candle - Wikipedia The Black Candle - Wikipedia

The end left me feeling sad and depressed knowing that Joseph's life with Amy would never be good and the character of heroine Bridget Mondfaunt was fatally flawed. It wouldn't have mattered if I'd been left with the conclusion - interesting plot but rather unrealistic. I suppose it is natural for the reader to look for stories with positive, uplifting and encouraging characters, (and to have a 'let-down' feeling when disappointed), but on the whole, they won't find them in Cookson's writing.

the publisher of this PAPERBACK book is Corgi The date of this copy is 2016 booksalvation have grade it as Very Good and it will be shipped from our UK warehouse This book is from the Series. I appreciated the love relationship between Bridget and Douglas that sprang from a natural friendship and was long lasting with no melodrama, unusual in fiction.

The Black Candle | Full Drama Movie | Catherine Cookson The Black Candle | Full Drama Movie | Catherine Cookson

Acted alike the Alpha and the Omega, but that actually exterminated themselves further through making business over, whilst the English Empire was. Garibaldi also a freemason in other words sent out the correct message in 1962 prior this point or whilst fighting elsewhere for unification and/ or agreed further a field with President Lincoln in 1963; wars were to be fought upon the grounds for abolition slavery. This is kind of a "what goes around comes around" type story, with Parker playing a vicious man with a dreadful temper who comes up against his sculptor brother, his father, and the determined Bridget, even as he victimizes his wife and romances a woman 30 years his senior (Sian Phillips). Once I finished "The Black Candle" I realized that Catherine Cookson often did portray the dark side of human nature, and even though she contrasts it with goodness, her stories seldom ended happily. Inheriting her father's businesses at the age of 19, by the time she was 23 in 1880, she was running them as confidently as any man.This isn't a slicked up British upper class drama like "Downton Abbey" -- rather, it's the story of a man with black, uncontrolled anger episodes (Nathaniel Parker) and how he affects those around him. Just shortly before her ninety-second birthday, on June 11, 1998, Catherine died in her home near Newcastle-upon-Tyne. THE BLACK CANDLE displays all of Catherine Cookson`s narrative skills and shrewd perception of human strengths and frailties which have established her as our most widely-read and best-loved novelist. Hatred and duty and their effect on an English family in 1960 are the themes of Cookson's 14th novel (after The Maltese Angel).

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop