The Secret Midwife: Life, Death and the Truth about Birth

The Secret Midwife: Life, Death and the Truth about Birth

RRP: £16.99
Price: £8.495
£8.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This is a challenging piece of history to write about. As a historian, there is little more to say than the author does it justice. The book is executed in a respectful way for the people who endured the horrors. The author's research of the subject is strongly evident, and deserves to be truly commended. Inspired by the lives of very real individuals, and combined with a well-written literary flair, this is simply a tale that MUST be read.

The Secret Midwife | Soraya M. Lane | 9781662504068 | NetGalley The Secret Midwife | Soraya M. Lane | 9781662504068 | NetGalley

I totally agree that band 7 & 8s should do some actual shifts on the wards. Especially when they know that agency staff are unable to do some roles. AND especially when their own team are short staffed. From the bestselling author of The London Girls comes a story of courage and resilience amidst the horror of Auschwitz—and one woman’s last chance to share it with the world. I loved this honest review of being a midwife. The whole warts and all birds eye view from the coal face. I found the vivid descriptions of the various births/stitches/blood & meconium made me feel like I was in the room. Brilliant loved it Ir tāds jēdziens "varoņa ceļojums" (hero's journey) - vairāku soļu ceļš, kuru noiet katrs patiess varonis. Tā vien šķiet, ka visas vecmātes kaut kādā ziņā arī piedzīvo savu "varones ceļojumu" - no sajūsmas līdz pašpaļāvībai, caur izmisuma un depresijas bezdibeni līdz samiernieciskam gurdenumam vecmātes praksē vai ārpus tās. Soraya loves spending her days thinking up characters for books, and her home is a constant source of inspiration. She lives with her own real life hero and two sons on a small farm in New Zealand, surrounded by animals and with an office overlooking a field where their horses graze.

Toys

The second half is far more difficult to read. The intense pressure of working for a business rather than a service, increasing societal issues including litigation of medical professionals and the associated mental health issues related to these negative experiences are real and we should all ‘see life’ through their eyes.

the secret midwife - confessions of a pragmatic midwife stuck the secret midwife - confessions of a pragmatic midwife stuck

Soraya is thrilled to be publishing three novels in 2023! The Cuban Daughter (book #2, The Lost Daughters) was published in March, and The Royal Daughter will be published October 12th. The Secret Midwife, a moving WWII historical novel, will be published August 1st. The story was at times harrowing as you can expect knowing the subject and it was also heart-breaking but I was compelled to keep reading, I really wanted them all to make it to the point of liberation and I really wanted them to be able to try to rebuild their lives Philippa said: “As I parked I noticed a number of cars in the driveway and, looking through the window, it was obvious there were several adults in the house.

She had to call me to translate. If I had Covid, she would have, so it didn’t make sense for me to sit outside.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop