Kill Me Tomorrow

Kill Me Tomorrow

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Deeply embedded societal beliefs – for example, the belief … that men’s intimate partners and children are their possessions to do with as they please; that women are inferior to men – influence men’s choices to commit sexual and other acts of violence. Gratiano was in the passage outside the room. ‘If you try it,’ he said, ‘it will cost you dear. You have no weapon and will just have to put up with that.’ I consumed this book in an audiobook format and I really liked the narrator. Nevertheless, I think that the story would have been better if there were two narrators - male and female, instead of just one, male narrator. If you listen to audiobooks sped up 2x or even 2.5x times the narrator may sound breathy and his voice comes out rather whispery, so you won't understand him properly. Lodovico drew himself up and faced Othello. ‘You must leave this room and go with us,’ he said. ‘Your authority and your command have been removed and Cassio now rules in Cyrus. As for this slave, if there’s any bad torture that can be devised and prolongued, he will have it. You will remain under close arrest until the Venetian state knows about your crime. Come! Take him away.’ Lodovico turned to go.

Othello stood up and looked around. He had another sword somewhere in the room, a sharp Spanish sword. Ah, there it was. ‘Uncle,’ he called, ‘I have to come out.’ Desdemona dreams of leading a peaceful and romantic life were spoiled because Iago is still behind them trying to spoil their life to take revenge from Othello for not promoting him. Desdemona has some clue that there is something going wrong between her and her husband but her innocence and complete devotion to her love made her helpless. Desdemona herself is not so clever so that she can judge the plan of Iago. Now her lover does not love her like he did when they had newly fallen in love. Seed of suspicion in mind of Othello grew very soon and became jealous of Cassio’s courting with Desdemona (although it was not true). She is clueless why she has lost Othello’s trust and become an object of his suspicion. Othello is brave but not wise enough to explore Iago’s intrigue web. Thank you @NetGalley and @OrangeSkyAudio for the opportunity to read and review this advanced reader copy.

When Emilia saw her husband she jumped from the bed. ‘Oh, you’re here too, Iago? You’ve done well that men should blame their murders on you!’ she said. She continued to shout, while Othnello stood, frozen. The door was still open and after a minute Montano and Gratiano, followed by Iago, arrived, running.

Firstly thank you to @Netgalley and @OrangeSkyAudio for the free audio version of this book for a free and honest review. This is one of many 1950s British B-pictures which featured an American actor in the lead role, in this case round-faced, turnip-haired Pat 'O Brien. He usually played well-meaning Irish priests or policemen but here he's somewhat unsympathetic, and unconvincing, as Bart Crosbie, a washed-up journalist going through a mid-life crisis. His wife died in a car accident (he was driving), he has a drink problem and now his estranged son (Jimmy) needs an eye operation because of a tumor. Emilia ignored her furious husband and his drawn sword. ‘Oh you stupid Moor,’ she said. ‘That handkerchief you’re talking about, I found it by chance and gave it to my husband because he had begged me with a great earnestness out of proportion to such a small thing..’ Emilia was bleeding profoundly, and gasping for breath. ‘What did that song mean, lady?’ she whispered. ‘Listen, can you hear me now? I’ll be like a swan and die in music. Willow, willow, willow.’ She tried to sit up. ‘Moor, she was chaste. She loved you, cruel Moor. So my soul is saved as I speak the truth. So speaking out my thoughts, I die, I die.’ This murder/mystery/thriller leaves you guessing who exactly Ali is, who Ethan is, because both have secrets and hidden desires.In Kill Me Tomorrow it was Pat O'Brien's turn to be an American actor who was past his prime as a leading man in the states to turn up in a British feature film. The idea was to give it greater marketability in the States. I well remember seeing a lot of these type of films as the bottom half of doublebills in my neighborhood movie theater. She broke down then, and that enraged Othello. ‘Out, whore!’ he stormed. ‘Weeping for him to my face!’

Stereotypes about men and women are reinforced through practices such as social tolerance of discrimination and the idea that violence against women is sometimes justified by women’s behaviour – for example, if a woman has sex with another man. He, woman. I say your husband. Do you understand the word? My friend, your husband, honest, honest Iago.’ Her life’s work makes nothing taboo, nothing off limits. And she’s tried everything short of murder. Although, with the way things are going, it’s not off the table.In the Shakespeare play, Iago, when describing Desdemona’s secret marriage to Othello to her father Brabantio, characterises it as an act of theft. The twists are deliciously jaw dropping though sometimes reality needs to be suspended for some of them such as Ethan's complete ignorance of social media and dating apps. For fans of a fun distracting psychological thriller Kill Me Tomorrow is perfect for today. I’m not sure if it was the story or the narrator but I had a bit of difficulty with connecting with the book and it was a bit hard to follow. He did a great job with Ethan and the unknown character but it definitely would’ve been more immersive with a female narrator doing Ali’s POV. Othello, gasping, fell on to the bed and again, and with great effort, raised Desdemona’s body. ‘I kissed you before I killed you,’ he said. ‘There was no other way but this, in killing myself, but to die on a kiss.’ He fell, lifeless, beside Desdemona. I always get excited when Britney King has a new book coming out, and Kill Me Tomorrow: A Psychological Thriller completely lived up to any expectations I might have had. This book was just as intense as her other novels, but I loved the addition of a PI (private investigator) to this storyline. I thought King's writing was spot on, and I found myself reading a bit slower than I normally do with her books, but without any less fervor. I was hooked from the beginning like I always am, and I had a ton of fun with the different points of view. I had a suspicion of what was going on, but I didn't have it completely pinned down and still managed to be surprised at the end. Kill Me Tomorrow is a dark and gritty psychological thriller worth every minute it takes to read.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop