Glenfarclas 105 Single Malt Whisky

Glenfarclas 105 Single Malt Whisky

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

My mind immediately went to Speyside, specifically to sherried malts. I personally enjoy this flavor profile. More importantly, I find it appeals to the palate of the casual Scotch drinker, someone for whom a glass of whisky is an occasional indulgence rather than an everyday treat. Speaking in broad generic terms, the fruity and nutty richness corresponds to what people think of when they think of “good whisky.” Over the last day I have been 'actively oxygenating" the 105. I started this practice some time ago. I shake the bottle vigorously to get as much of the liquid bubbling as possible, then take the Cork out and leave it for an hour. Then I repeat the process a few times.

Glenfarclas 105 - Ratings and reviews - Whiskybase Glenfarclas 105 - Ratings and reviews - Whiskybase

Glenfarclas Bottler Distillery Bottling Bottled 2018 Stated Age 22 years old Casktype Sherry Casks Number of bottles 3600 Strength 60.0 % Vol. Size 700 ml Label Celebrating 50 Years of 105 Barcode 5018066180050 Added on 08 jul 2018 12:31 pm by ctuThe nose is... sharp! It has almost a vinegarry sharpness but without nastiness. I feel my bottle badly needs to wake up.

Glenfarclas | Master of Malt Glenfarclas | Master of Malt

A little water and a second sip; you can calm your own senses down and not fear of the punch in the face from this dram. Like the nose, it’s quieter with a touch of water and a bit more rounded. Less of that alcohol blast. It’s sweet, but I can’t seem to get past or shake the youthful element of this whisky. Not a lot more to add to the taste when water is added. Conclusions: Nose: A sugary and potent mustiness – very similar to the aroma of an empty but still moist sherry cask. Syrupiness from fudge, toffee and light brown sugars with fruitiness from stewed red berries and a refreshing citrus note. Light maltiness and oak influenced vanilla are initially present but subdued until water is added. This livens up the nose massively, heightening the top end fruity aromas and bringing forth some greater floral influence. In my opinion this warranted a 5. Being a good whisky it wouldn’t be one I’d rush out and get another bottle of.

Fruity, nutty, sherried profile. What’s not to like about this? Some might say the proof (120), but that’s easily fixed with a splash of water if it’s too much. Others might say the price, but then all whisky is expensive these days, and it’s only getting more so. So I ask again… what’s not to like? We may sell, license, transfer, assign or in any other way dispose of the Service (including Members) to any third party without any notification to you, e.g. (but without limitation) in connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets. All of these are so much more layered, textured, and variegated than anything coming out of Macallan these days. Each one is an overachiever for the age and price, with the 21 year old being the best value for money among the three. They’re sherried, but not sherry bombs given the relatively low bottling strength. The subtlety works in their favor, allowing some novel nuances to come to the fore. A lesser-spotted independent bottling of Glenfarclas single malt! This Speysider was distilled in 2008 and matured in an ex-fino sherry cask for 14 years, before it was bottled by W.M. Cadenhead in a release of 234 bottles. A rare thing indeed. You can see from the entry bottlings through to the high end ones, Glenfarclas spend time making whisky, just whisky. None of the Macallan marketing gush for these guys. So much so, I flipped my Macallan folio and treated myself to the 22yr old 105 Glenfarclas.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop