The Devil in Winter (The Wallflowers)

The Devil in Winter (The Wallflowers)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

courtly to be straight up gamma/alpha, but he's way too rapey and chauvinistic for me to accept him as a "nice" hero. As a Kleipas fan I have virtually read all her books and have been quite impressed with her diverse plots and great heros and heroines. Vincent made wonderful characters to champion and I enjoyed the injection of drama and comedy to the story also. But he apologized in this novel, so it’s all good (even though he apologized to the woman’s husband, not the woman herself, but that’s normal, as women belong to their husbands).

I am not an expert in anything, but just a person with access to the internet who is trying to learn and make sense of the world! Everyone has dismissed Evie as a wallflower because she is quiet and has a stammer, despite the fact she is stunningly beautiful and very intelligent. Evie, on the other hand, gave herself the place she deserved to be, either being Sebastian’s wife in every sense of the word or not. May contain moderate to high sexual tension which could include passionate clinches that end in cut scenes and/or extremely mild love scenes with virtually no details. And we are both equally desperate, which leads me to believe that you will agree to my pr-proposition.She would share her inheritance if he promises to marry her and take her out of her messed-up domestic situation. If I'm going to suck it up and read a book about a rake and a virgin, then by God, I want a man who is in desperate need of reformation.

The inspired writing, each banter, every playful dialogue, all the touching interactions and meaningful love scenes splendidly do the rest. So, if I do reread something in a short time after finishing it that means I really loved it (also see Bunny!Easily the shyest Wallflower, Evangeline Jenner stands to become the wealthiest, once her inheritance comes due. Upon my reread I dropped from 5 to 4 stars bc the plot just wasn’t my favorite (the attempted murder was just annoying really because Evie never took it seriously (a personal pet peeve)) and I hadn’t read Scandal in Spring when I first read this and knowing how much I love that, they’re just not equal in my heart. She's a stammering virgin - literally - who ends up redeeming a rake with her meekness and her humility and her innocence. Outwardly, she is a painfully shy but sweet girl, yet inwardly, she has a strength of spirit that can be easy for others to miss.

If you are already a romance genre fan I am sure that you have already read it – but if you’re like me, and sometimes dip in and out, give it a go. He did start to grow on me a bit when he showed some human kindness toward Evie during their arduous trip to Gretna Green, as well as during and after the wedding ceremony.When Evie is threatened by a vengeful enemy from the past, Sebastian vows to do whatever it takes to protect his wife . I loved that she came up with this plan to steal back her freedom, and take her life into her own hands (even if it means marrying a man who tried to ruin the life of one of her best friends). I knew after his sad past was revealed that all he needed was a little lovin', a little 'mothering' a little encouragement, and a whole lot of expectations from the right woman to be all the man that he could be. She has a couple more vertebrae than other heroines cast in her mold, and I did like that she at least tried to stick up for herself and for the most part, spoke her mind when it counted.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop