Shure M44-7 Turntablist Cartridge

Shure M44-7 Turntablist Cartridge

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Historical Note: In 2003, Shure Incorporated was awarded the National Academy of the Recording Arts and Sciences Technical GRAMMY, awarded to individuals and/or companies that have made outstanding contributions of technical significance to the recording industry.

There is a notation toward the end of the pamphlet that calls out loading on the flat response as 47k-ohm and relatively high parallel capacitance that wouldn’t have been commonly applied. The tipped up response is a straight 47k-ohm load. As for distortion issues, are you using the RECORD output of your mixer, or BOOTH/MIX/MASTER output? Does your sound card have option to choose either 'instrument/consumer line' or '+4db line' or 'mic' level? Make sure it is either +4db line (for master output of mixer) or 'instrument/consumer line (-10dB line)' for record output. Historical Note: Once the V15-V was introduced, the IV design was reused for the M97. In 1973, the V15 Type III debuts with a uniformly flat, unaccented, uncolored frequency response. This was accomplished by reducing the stylus mass by 25% and by employing a new laminated pole piece design.

The Different Types of Shure V15

DS-5 (00267-DS-5) Spherical Diamond tip stereo needle for 33/45 RPM records - Tonar aftermarket part Less information was able to be obtained about the Shure V15 IV. Overall, users tend to prefer the III and V over the IV, but this is obviously not universal.

I think it may be due to to the smaller cantilever of the M75 and V15III, which can trace complex stereo grooves better. The M44, and come to that the M3 and M33 series, are much better at mono, shellac and very good with 45rpm singles. But the Shure M75C is really good with 45s as well. The vanilla n44G is exactly the one I wanted to buy in the first place, only it did not have protection, so I asked JICO staff whether the DJ is any different. The answer I got was that the only difference between the two is that DJ has protection, whereas vanilla does not. The M31 and M32 and the Pacific M73PE shown here, shared the M44/55/V15I body, but in a different housing. I cut away the front of the left one to fit an N44-7 stylus. I have a preference for the latter, because it sounds a bit more lively and has a richer presentation.

I think I would skip the more expensive Shures like the M97 or M91 and buy one of these. They are typically half the price or at least far less. Throw a new eliptical needle in yours and enjoy the music! Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd. is a subsidiary of Meta Platforms, Inc. based in the USA. It cannot be ruled out that your data collected by Facebook will also be transmitted to the USA.

The V15 V includes other versions than the standard V15 V: the V15 VMR, V15 VxMR, and Ultra 500. There are a number of other subtle variations that are confusing to say the least, and not at all helped by the awkward branding. The Ultra 500 version is a V15 V with metal mounting that may be the best of the bunch. Some prefer the VxMR, though it does have a rolled off high end which has lead people to make comparisons to the Shure M97xE. Do you happen to know whether cantilever modifications are required when switching between Shure and Jico? It's hard to believe that the M44-7 in the centre of the front row was my first one, bought new in December 1975 when I was still at school. It's still in daily use for 78rpm duty.Bad thing: no mention of the cost of replacement styli. I won't buy a thing until I know what that will be. To clarify, there is NO difference in specs apparently between the 7 and G models by Jico - just the colour of the stylus body. That's what Jico told me. being stiffer, and jumping more, you need more weight, and and test scratching with them heavier, they seem to burn/wear the record noticeably faster Shure is privately held and has the ability to do things other companies can’t or won’t do. They have a complete archive with at least one of every product they have ever made since 1932.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop