Others (Aziza's Secret Fairy Door, 159)

Others (Aziza's Secret Fairy Door, 159)

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Williamson, J.N., ed. (1988). The Best of Masques. New York City: Berkley Books. ISBN 978-0-425-10693-8. Herbert's 23 novels have sold 54m copies worldwide. He was published in 34 languages, including Russian and Chinese. In 2010 he was made an OBE and received the Grand Master award at the World Horror Convention. James Herbert was Britain's number one bestselling writer (a position he held ever since publication of his first novel) and one of the world's top writers of thriller/horror fiction. Herbert released a new novel virtually every year from 1974 to 1988, wrote six novels during the 1990s and released three new works in the 2000s. "I am very insecure about being a writer", he stated in the book Faces of Fear. "I don't understand why I am so successful. And the longer I stay that way, the better it's going to be, because that's what keeps me on the edge, striving if you like." The first is pretty much an enjoyment killer for me, and that's a heavy reliance on dreams. Dreams, to me, are just big pauses in the story, where crap happens that has little effect on the story proper, and are usually inserted to cause doubt and unease in the readers' minds. The only time I've enjoyed dream inserts are when they have a real and lasting impact on the characters. Think Nightmare on Elm Street. So, that was, aside from the opening, turn off number one for me.

Others by James Herbert | Waterstones

With his next novel, Lair (1979), Herbert regaled readers with the return of the rats, and he completed the trilogy with Domain (1984), set in a future where rats are now dominant following a nuclear war that has devastated civilisation. Herbert's The City (1994), a graphic novel illustrated by Ian Miller, was set in the same post-apocalypse world in which only a handful of people have survived. Francis, Clare; Upton, Ondine, eds. (1996). A Feast of Stories. London: Macmillan Publishers. ISBN 978-0-333-65340-1. The theme of redemption is echoed throughout the novel, and I thoroughly enjoyed following the character's journey and learning about the fate of the Others.The Others, a group of allies of Aquaman in comics, introduced in 2012 and featured in a 2014 series Others ( Night Watch), a fictional group of people with supernatural abilities in Sergey Lukyanenko's Watches novel pentalogy It follows that there is a skill in making a reader cry but first and foremost, I don't really enjoy deeply depressing stories, or stories that are going to upset me for days and days afterwards. Secondly, it's rare for me to cry during a movie, so for a book, this state is almost unattainable. Besides, I'd rather be scared out of my wits, or contemplating the dark side of human nature in a way that is removed from my daily life and therefore 'safe'.

James Herbert, First Edition, Signed - AbeBooks James Herbert, First Edition, Signed - AbeBooks

Etchison, Dennis, ed. (1991b). The Complete Masters of Darkness. United States: Underwood-Miller. ISBN 978-0-88733-116-9. Williamson, J.N., ed. (1987). Masques II: All-New Stories of Horror and the Supernatural. Baltimore: Maclay & Assoc. ISBN 978-0-940776-24-1. From the age of 16, Herbert attended Hornsey College of Art, where he spent four years studying graphic design, print and photography. He worked as a paste-up artist and a typographer at one advertising agency, and then became art director and subsequently group head at Charles Barker Advertising. Others ( A Song of Ice and Fire), supernatural creatures in the fictional world of George R. R. Martin's fantasy series A Song of Ice and FireI felt uncomfortable with the underlying karma underpinnings to the story for although I get his point and it was not so crudely drawn as I shall now state- It was on the premise that: a man was reborn bearing the ugly nature of his personality on the outside in a second life. And so unfortunate handicaps may be construed as punishment from a previous life, something I find hard to swallow and, yes, discriminative. With The Magic Cottage (1986), Herbert created one of his best novels, an unconventional haunted house yarn that is part fairytale, part ghost story. Haunted (1988), originally plotted as a BBC TV movie, is also a ghost story, the first of three novels featuring David Ash, a sceptical parapsychologist and psychic investigator who returned in The Ghosts of Sleath (1994) and Ash (2012). Others ( Lost), mysterious inhabitants of a strange island in the South Pacific in the television series Lost

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop