Promise Me

Promise Me

RRP: £16.99
Price: £8.495
£8.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Now a little about the story; Lou is visiting her best friend Sammy (a musician) and in the course of her weekend, bumps into the grumpy, grouchy Edgar Allsopp, who is clearly in need of help but of course there is no way he’s going to admit it…and before the weekend is done, Edgar has offered Lou a job, which initially she refuses as she is perfectly happy with her job and life. The storyline moves along at the perfect pace, building up not only Edgar and Lou’s relationship, but also Lou’s relationship with childhood friend, Remy. Lou had a good job, and a flat in Birmingham, but every changes overnight and she’s homeless and unemployed. Through all the ups and downs, the supportive close-knit community, where nothing stays secret for long, is just what she needs to get back on her feet and help to distract her from risking what is sure to be another disastrous romance.

Een prachtige balans tussen feelgood en af en toe wat tragiek of dingen die niet lopen hoe je verwacht en/of gehoopt had, maken het boek realistisch en wel optimistisch. What an absolute joy Promise me has been to read and I am bereft that I’ve finished it…the characters felt like friends, there was drama, humour, sorrow and romance and I was completely lost in the story, and I have no doubt you will be too. He is not available so another distraction is on the way, is the object of her desire doing the same thing?

We have the warmth and depth of emotion that we are accustomed to in Jill’s novels but there is also a modern spark to this storyline too.

She leans on the members of the small community that she’s become part of more than ever and Edgar is going to learn a stark lesson about human nature too. Natuurlijk kan een beetje romantiek niet ontbreken, maar juist door de rest van hun leven ook zo'n duidelijke plaats te geven, raak ik ook invested in die romances, leef ik met ze mee en gun ik ze de duidelijke liefde van hun leven! The book is filled with a diverse cast of interesting and well-developed characters including a woman from Edgar’s past and her family. Lou is a good person at heart and is determined that she will make Edgar begin to enjoy life, and slowly, she does begin to make changes, although Edgar is still rude, still grumpy and still hard to please.De heerlijke, soepele schrijfstijl van Mansell neemt je vanaf de eerste bladzijde mee naar het dorp Foxwell. Op zoek naar een baan, woonruimte en wat rust in haar leven, loopt ze per toeval tegen de brompot van het dorpje Foxwell aan wanneer ze haar beste vriend Sammy bezoekt. I fell in love with Edgar, his relationship with his rescue chihuahua Captain Oates, and the big heart he kept under wraps for fear of being hurt. What I love about Joll Mansell'S books is that they are always a real rollercoaster ride of friendship, loyalty and lovely romance.

Ik heb hier wel een puntje over de vormgeving, maar dit heeft geen invloed op de beoordeling van het boek.After a short stay in the Cotswolds Lou received a job offer from Edgar ( a grumpy eighty year old man ). Plenty of charming laughs, plenty of clever twists, plenty of romantic touches and the special bonds we make throughout life, that while this isn't my usual cup of tea, I was happy to sip alongside this delightful and heartwarming story. We also see how Lou changes how Edgar views the world and there is a beautiful moment towards the end of the book that had me in tears. Persoonlijk vond ik het soms wat te langdradig of duurde het te lang voordat er wat sensatie in het verhaal kwam. From Lou’s lovely personality to the grumpiness of Edgar, the charm of Remy through to the absolutely adorable four legged Captain Oates.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop