Noah Can't Even

Noah Can't Even

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Thematically, there is a lot of focus on self worth and acceptance, and about what you can and should get from your romantic relationships. These are good themes, important particularly for young people to engage in. But they're focused through a character who only seems to develop in circles, like a confused driver spiralling endlessly around a round-a-bout, instead of turning off and making headway in a positive direction. I expected the cringe, how could I not? With that blurb and and that title ('can't even', do people still say that?), but the amount of blood curdling 'awkwardness' smashed together in every sentence was enough for me to stop. I am wary of saying a YA book is too childish for me because I'm 25. I'm not a teen, and so most teen books are not written with me in mind and of course that's the way it should be. But I've read teen books that are clearly for teens and not for me, and I've either still enjoyed them or thought nope, not for me, and moved on. You know what I would do? What I did? Don't try to label it. Don't even think about what it is. Just enjoy the moment. And remember that no moment is for ever. And other moments come along. And sometimes they're even better. Sometimes they're worse. But don't fret about it. People always like to talk, but ask yourself: in the grand scheme of things, in the total insignificance of our tiny lives in this massive universe, who gives a shit?" I also feel like I'm not sure why Harry likes Noah, because Harry doesn't say much until the end. I wish we got more of his mind. He says he likes Noah being weird and crazy (I don't remember the exact quote), but we don't get to see why, we don't get to see scenes where they are doing weird, crazy things together, and enjoying it. I feel like the first book was better thought out, had longer scenes that were more grounded in the moment. The sequel flew by and we barely stopped at the more important and serious scenes, just touching up on them. I felt like more focus was placed on the crazy/weird stuff happening around Noah and Noah being completely off the charts.

But the end was good, Harry showed so much maturity, I was quite surprised. And when he hurt, it tugged at my heart as well... It's a long review and I think it shows how much I care about the book. The sequel did not live up to the hype I created for myself, but I still enjoyed it, and still love Noah and Harry. I will say that the second half of the book I liked more than the first, but on the whole, it was great to see how the boys got along after they got together, and to know what happens to them. I'd urge everyone to take a chance on it - especially if you're someone who would never consider a Young Adult novel as a potential read. One of my favourites of the year so far (definitely my favourite YA of the year) and I will be heartbroken if we never hear from Noah again.Noah and Harry are now dating. And now only is Noah trying to find his footing with what this could mean, a French exchange is happening and it includes the sexy and very gay Pierre Victoire, who might be having his eye on Harry, and Eva, a girl who dislikes Noah. And there are strangers beginning to follow Noah. Noah has no idea why - expect it could be his dad and half-brother doing something dodgy with his gran's fake diamonds OR that a drag queen is staying at his house due to a drag feud OR Noah maybe getting involved in a pyramid scheme linked to protein powder? I absolutely loved Mr. Green's writing style and will be looking to see what other gems he has written for me to read! A sequel is never easy, and despite loving Noah for all his awkward, socially inept, self deprecation, and Harry for his devoted nature, this fell short due to predictable cliches. I liked the book, it was funny, had madcap moments like the insanity that happened in the first one, and there were some scenes between Harry and Noah I wished there were more of. Noah as the kid on the spectrum navigating dating, love, and strained family dynamics is touching, and even sweet at times. At others I slap my forehead thinking, “Noah, what are you doing?”

Noah’s imagination is a bit out there. He sees drama and mystery in everything. And although sometimes he is right, a lot of the time he is far off base. I love his do good personality and I love that Harry loves him for it. This was one of the most convoluted stories that I have read in a while... and trust me, I read a lot! ;D I'm leaning towards 3.5*. It was my hugely anticipated sequel and, to some extend, it disappointed me, but not too badly. I'll explain :)On the whole, I enjoyed the book, it was my weekend read and it did get me to laugh at some places. I liked the french boy arc (it's not big, but I was surprised by the small things he did and said at the end), I love gran a lot (she is so loving and has the best advice ever!). Noah was overboard in the sequel. I feel like he was just in pieces, getting himself in stupid, unnecessary trouble all the time. Dziewczyny są puszczalskie, oprócz oczywiście tej jednej jedynej przyjaciółki Noah, która nie jest i która od razu wie, że Noah jest gejem, mimo że on sam twierdzi, że nie jest i absolutnie temu zaprzecza.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop