Foyle's War - Fifty Ships / Among the Few [2002]

Foyle's War - Fifty Ships / Among the Few [2002]

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The story that Sam tells Foyle about the bombed woman who regains consciousness only to find a policeman trying to steal her rings is a true one. At a time when many Britons were bravely laying down their lives for their country, such petty crime seems particularly disgraceful. A Coventry woman, for example, resisted tears when bombed out until she discovered that her small son's toys had been looted. 'I could hate the Germans,' she later remarked 'but I did not want to hate my own countrymen'.

Michael's career spans film, television and theatre where he has worked extensively for the RSC and Royal National Theatre. One night, while Foyle is dining with his one-time love Elizabeth, a local man, Richard Hunter, the father of one of the suspected looters, dies on the beach from a single gunshot to the head. Many think his death is suicide - he was, after all, a hopeless, bitter alcoholic. But Foyle isn't so sure. I have three children now, which keeps me busy, and, although I've always been careful about work, I do what takes my fancy. I've had a very busy year - I'm playing an MI6 agent in Prime Suspect and I've also got a part in Hawking, the BBC film about Stephen Hawking." I worked with Michael in To Play The King. He played the Prince and I was his private secretary so we worked quite closely. I really admire him and think he's one of the best actors of his generation. I like to think that we got on well - we talked all the scenes through beforehand, particularly the tough ones, so that we were coming from the same aeroplane."

Cast & Crew

After five series, Foyle's War was cancelled abruptly by ITV director of programmes Simon Shaps. [7] This forced Horowitz to discard scripts set during most of 1943 and 1944, resulting in time jumps of nine months to a year between episodes; previous series had gaps of a month at most. In April 2008, the presumed final episode, "All Clear" (during which the end of the war is announced) was broadcast.

Lynette. "Scenes Cut From the US Screening on PBS, Foyle's War Bad Blood". nothing-fancy.com. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015 . Retrieved 21 March 2015. The next cut was a seemingly extraneous little exchange which does nothing to advance the plot, but which affords a cameo appearance to a real-life man named "Christopher Foyle", chairman of Foyles Bookshop in London and Anthony Horowitz' inspiration for the name of his fictional DCS.In none of these three instances did Foyle expect that the particular conversation that led to the information would produce such information -- in each case it is an accident that the information given happens to be relevant to solving a crime. But the information is quite logical to have been mentioned in these conversations, it is not artificially stuffed-into the character's mouth just to move the plot along. This is excellent quality story-craftsmanship and deserves recognition. You only have to turn on the telly to see what has happened in the aftermath of Iraq or any of the countries that have been at war over the last few years to see the devastation that people face. The episode is filled with tension as Foyle and Sam face obstacles at every turn. They are met with stonewalling, deflecting and outright hostility as they try to piece together what happened to the ship and who was responsible for its sinking. Along the way, they both display their trademark professionalism and perseverance, as they navigate through the complex and dangerous world of wartime investigations.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop