Families and How to Survive Them

Families and How to Survive Them

RRP: £47.78
Price: £23.89
£23.89 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I remember reading this book years ago and finding the discussions of how and why we replicate family relationships and how we are drawn to people hiding the same problems as ourselves fascinating.

Ale po raz kolejny, autorzy chcą powiedzieć za dużo, za wiele wytłumaczyć, przez co jest zbyt ogólna i po łebkach. Dr Foulkes, a psychoanalyst and psychiatrist, was one of the founders of group analysis in Britain, a group approach developed out of Foulkes's treatment of war victims in Northfield Hospital, Birmingham. Some bits are interesting - after reading it, I notice a lot more how couples seem to come from similar background even if the similarities aren't obvious.Even now, as an empty-nester, I can see a lot of value in this for self-help, working out how people tick, and why some are so much easier to get along with than others. And notice the parts you most strongly disagree with - what might be behind the screen that's making you act that way?

Being pregnant probably helped as I'm very open to creating a fabulously nurturing environment for my little sproglett whilst trying to figure out how to handle my current step-mother hang ups and the fear of separate families, me and mine versus him and his.How we chose our partners and how families repeat patterns of behaviour down through the generations is looked at in great depth.

I really enjoyed this non-fiction book, even though I didn't agree with all of the opinions within it (what makes people homosexual for example). Um livro que se desenvolve em 5 longos diálogos mas que se leem com muita facilidade até porque os autores vão ajudando os leitores a perceberem tudo. He was adversely affected by the shared destruction and slaughter he was obliged to carry out, an experience that, for a variety of complex reasons, drew him to psychiatry as an eventual vocation.They discuss some very complicated psychoanalytic theory in a very accessible way, without once mentioning any technical terms. The important posts he successfully filled were senior tutor (psychotherapy) at the Institute of Psychiatry, honorary assistant consultant psychiatrist at Bethlem Royal and Maudsley Hospital and physician in charge of the Department of Psychiatry at Queen Elizabeth Hospital for Children, London. An interesting and different book on psychology which is aimed at the average reader rather than the psychology student or medical expert. His chief interest was the practice and teaching of psychotherapy, with individuals, groups, families, couples and institutions. Looking candidly at everything from our relationships with our parents to why and how we choose our partners, no emotional stone is left unturned: jealousy, rage, fear, envy, love, obsession, hope and despair - all are featured-with practical advice on how to turn round a negative situation and bring about change for the better.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop