Montane Mens Terra Route Pants RRP £95

Montane Mens Terra Route Pants RRP £95

RRP: £76.66
Price: £38.33
£38.33 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The trousers are available in a variety of leg lengths, so in practice, they should fit a wide range of body shapes and types.

Montane Terra Pant - UKClimbing UKC Gear - Montane Terra Pant - UKClimbing

Fiona Reid and Mike Watson try out some light softshell trousers designed for summer in the Alps, but equally suited to climbing, scrambling and hillwalking closer to home.I have managed to put a tiny hole in one pair thanks to some barbed wire but that small hole has never gotten bigger or compromised the strength. Often labeled as technical hiking pants, the Montane Terra’s provide an excellent fit as well as having built-in adjustability.

Montane Terra Pants Review - Lightweight Hiking Pants Montane Terra Pants Review - Lightweight Hiking Pants

This Montane Terra Pants Review has been a long time coming because I have been wearing them for years now.The Montane Terra’s make one of the best hiking pants for lightweight backpacking because you don’t need to wash them too often or pay for dryer tokens. The lower zips allow you to put them on without taking your hiking boots off and the button poppers let you tighten up the ankles for low-cut hiking shoes. There is no stretch in the standard version, but the articulated or pre-bent knees do compensate for this somewhat.

Montane Terra Route Pants - Regular Leg | LD Mountain Centre

Made from a combination of TACTEL fabric with TEFLON surface finish and reinforced CORDURA patches on the bum, knees, and ankles. Montane’s reputation is very good and has not slipped since the company started working with serious mountain professionals over 21 years ago. Offering great flexibility and comfort, they allow full freedom of movement when lifting your knees up high. This fabric is primarily made using high-quality nylon and features a durable water repellent coating (DWR) which will resist the rain and wind when exposed to the elements. Terra's low weight, small pack size, fast drying properties and extremely durable reinforcements make them the ideal choice for any serious adventure traveller or mountaineer.

LD Mountain Centre does not accept responsibility for items being delayed through customs/ security checks or adverse weather conditions. Montane Terras seem a solid choice for the multi-pitch climber who also goes backpacking or hill-walking. On a purely aesthetic front, their two tone pattern makes them look a little techy, yet I would quite happily sit in the pub in them at the end of the day without feeling a prat, not something you could say about the old school British summer alpine trousers of choice – Ron Hills. Additionally the Terra pants have patches of very tough Cordura on the knees and seat that make them even better suited to rough granite or gabbro. I've been perfectly comfortable using Tactel trousers with just a light base-layer under them for –8 degree alpine starts from a tent high on the Argentiere glacier.

MONTANE | Walking | Clothing | Trousers and Shorts - GO Outdoors MONTANE | Walking | Clothing | Trousers and Shorts - GO Outdoors

I've done a few days of rock climbing on sandpaper-like granite with mine now, but you wouldn't know it. Our team are working extended hours to get through this as quickly as possible, we ask you to be patient during this busy time.

The Montane Terra Pants are also available in heavyweight (Super Terra Pants), stretch (Terra Stretch Pants), and two styles of shorts ( Terra Shorts / Terra Alpine Shorts). I've used Tactel trousers quite a lot in the past and think it is an excellent material for summer mountaineering in the Alps or Pyrenees, as well as for mountain rock routes in the UK.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop