The Look of Love - The Burt Bacharach Collection

The Look of Love - The Burt Bacharach Collection

RRP: £3
Price: £1.5
£1.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This Bacharach/David song was written for the 1968 musical Promises, Promises, and has been covered by many artists ever since.

I didn't want to make the songs the same way as they'd been done, so I'd split vocals and instrumentals and try to make it interesting... For me, it's about the peaks and valleys of where a record can take you. You can tell a story and be able to be explosive one minute, then get quiet as kind of a satisfying resolution. [112]Dasrath, Diana; White, Jaquetta (February 9, 2023). "Burt Bacharach, the composer of dozens of top 10 hits, dies at 94". NBC News . Retrieved February 9, 2023. I've Had) The Time of My Life" – Music by John DeNicola& Donald Markowitz; Lyrics by Franke Previte (1987) Viglione, Joe. "Sometimes Late at Night Review by Joe Viglione". allmusic . Retrieved August 22, 2023.

In 1969, Harry Betts arranged Bacharach's instrumental composition "Nikki" (named for Bacharach's daughter) into a new theme for the ABC Movie of the Week, a television series that ran on the U.S. network until 1976. [104] a b Browne, David (September 30, 1998). "Painted from Memory". EW.com . Retrieved February 14, 2023.

Burt Bacharach, legendary composer of pop songs, dies at 94". KCAL. February 9, 2023 . Retrieved February 9, 2023.

Bacharach's career received a boost when singer Jerry Butler asked to record " Make It Easy on Yourself" and also wanted him to direct the recording sessions. It became the first time Bacharach managed the entire recording process for one of his own songs. [43] In June 2015, Bacharach performed in the UK at the Glastonbury Festival, [76] [88] and a few weeks later appeared on stage at the Menier Chocolate Factory in Southwark, South London, to launch What's It All About? Bacharach Reimagined, a 90-minute live arrangement of his hits. [89]Stay with Me" ( Darkchild version) – James Napier, William Phillips& Sam Smith (songwriters) (2014)

In November 1998,Rhino RecordsissuedThe Look of Love: The Burt Bacharach Collection,a three-disc anthology of Bacharach’s work spanning his entire career, from “The Story of My Life” (Bacharach’s first Top 40 hit) to 1998’s “God Give Me Strength.” But it wasn't until the Carpenters covered it in 1970 that it became a massive hit, and the duo's breakthrough. a b c "Elvis Costello Reunites With The Imposters & Burt Bacharach On New Album Look Now: Hear Two Songs". Stereogum. July 27, 2018 . Retrieved April 5, 2019.Freeland, David (March 15, 2020). "Behind the Song: Burt Bacharach, "Make It Easy On Yourself" ". American Songwriter . Retrieved February 16, 2023. Reed, Rex. "Special TV Specials: An Evening with Doris Day and Burt Bacharach", Chicago Tribune, March 14, 1971. Official Singles Chart Top 30: 28 February 1958-06 March 1958". Official Charts . Retrieved June 25, 2020.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop