Uprooted: A Novel

Uprooted: A Novel

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

For several years now, YA fantasy authors have carved out a beloved and celebrated niche in the world of fantasy and science fiction literature. Kiran Millwood Hargrave is a fantastic writer who uses crisp, colourful imagery, beautiful metaphors, and imaginative wordplay to bring her stories and characters to life, whether these stories are children’s, YA, or adult lit. No writer could have done a better job at writing an origin story for the brides of Dracula. Lonely Castle in the Mirror by Mizuki Tsujimura But as for Sarkan (who was always snapping, glaring, and growling, reminded me of my rabid chihuahua) and A-jkidhl (because you can't honestly expect me to recall her name right?) Bookshelves is one feature of OnlineBookClub.org; Bookshelves is found under the forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelves/ subfolder at OnlineBookClub.org. Bookshelves is only one of many features at OnlineBookClub.org. OnlineBookClub.org has many other features too.

Uprooted Quotes by Naomi Novik - Goodreads Uprooted Quotes by Naomi Novik - Goodreads

He darted a look at the uncovered basket behind me, saw what I was eating, and glared at me. "That's appalling," he said.If you're a fan of beautifully crafted stories, slow burn romances, hideous monstrosities that are somehow all too human, and good triumphing over evil, read it. Now.

Uprooted by Naomi Novik: 9780804179058 | PenguinRandomHouse

It is owned and run by an ancient magician with the Tempest-inspired name of Prospero, who takes on an apprentice to pit against the ward of his eternal rival. Agnieszka finds her magical powers behave differently from those of the Dragon. She relies on intuition to guide her through spells. It’s also this intuition and vision that help her solve the problem of the Wood Queen, and restore peace. Corruption And Power Novik, Naomi (2018). Uprooted. Giancola, Donato (illus.). Seattle: Grim Oak Press. ISBN 978-1944145309. Reading Uprooted was like rediscovering a favorite old sweater, familiar and beloved. It feels as if it has always existed and has been waiting patiently for me to return to it.” —Maggie Stiefvater Shattered Sea is my favourite YA fantasy trilogy and a must-read for fantasy fans, YA or otherwise. The Cat Who Saved Books by Sosuke NatsukawaI can imagine Erin Morgenstern being annoyed at appearing on this list; she has mentioned in the past that hers are not YA fantasy books. They are, however, both accessible to YA readers and beloved by fans of YA fantasy.

Must-Read YA Fantasy Books (and Series) 22 Must-Read YA Fantasy Books (and Series)

hmmmm...you are a tree, you have leaves. You grow branches...You are a tree...grow...grow...You are a tree and have leaves and branches...You are a tree...hmmm If you want to know whether or not Kasia is saved, you'll have to read the book for yourself (which you should do anyway, b/c AWESOME), but I will tell you that Agnieszka finds something in the Wood, and that something reminds me of one of my favorite Christian Schloe illustrations: If you want to learn more about Bookshelves specifically, please read the Bookshelves FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions).Left to his own devices, he would never have chosen her as his new companion, but Agnieszka has magic, and the King's Law states that any found with the talent must be trained, so choose her he does. Magical and practical, otherworldly and planted in the real, I could not stop reading this book and neither will you!” —Tamora Pierce

Uprooted (novel) - Wikipedia

I love a good fantasy rooted in folklore, and Novik does a great job mining the mythology of Eastern Europe for this novel. Young Agnieszka lives in a small town in an out-of-the-way valley where nothing much ever happens . . . except for the fact that they live near an evil Wood that occasional swallows trespassers, drives villagers mad, or sends monsters to destroy neighboring villages. Oh, and also they are protected by a wizard called the Dragon who lives in a tower and does his best to keep the evil magic of the Wood at bay. In return for his protection, the wizard takes one girl from the valley every ten years to serve him in the tower. These girls aren't killed, but they are never the same after their ten years of servitude, and they never stay in the valley when they are released. Something about their servitude changes them . . . This is a truly charming series of YA fantasy books. Reminiscent of the X-Men comics, and having a manga-inspired tone and atmosphere, they ooze charm and comfort while also being unapologetically dark in places.

Uprooted is a 2015 high fantasy novel by Naomi Novik, based on Polish folklore. The story tells of a village girl, Agnieszka, who is selected by the local wizard for her unseen magical powers. Together they battle the Wood, a nearby forest, as it seeks to take over the land. The book has been warmly welcomed by critics and other fantasy authors, who have praised the portrayals of both Agnieszka and the Wood. It won the 2015 Nebula Award for Best Novel, the 2016 Locus Award for Best Fantasy Novel, and the 2016 Mythopoeic Award in the category Adult Literature. It was a finalist for the 2016 Hugo Award for Best Novel. Sooo this just got awkward cause all I remember are the cons. But there are pros, I just can't really remember them. I mean, it couldn't have been that terrible, I did finish it, so there's that. Also, the story is good but I just didn't like how it was told. And the Wood is creepy (not buts here). Yeah...I'm shutting up now.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop