Pep Guardiola: Another Way of Winning: The Biography (Guillem Balague's Books)

£6.495
FREE Shipping

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Pep Confidential – the inside story of Pep Guardiola’s first season at Bayern Munich. Photograph: Arena Sport

Defensive Midfielder's Combination Play in the Centre + Diagonal Aerial Pass in Behind to the Winger First half of Man United's clash with FC Copenhagen ends EARLY after referee blows his whistle before 45 minutes... as fans joke official was 'bored' Never abandon your principles. When becoming a coach in foreign countries, i.e. Germany and England, he would often hear that adaptation was crucial. Cruyff had taught him that "stay true to yourself and your principles, never abandon them or compromise them". This is probably where he differentiates himself as a manager/coach/person mostly as he always stood his ground and did not change even though the media, former coaches etc claimed he needed to. Never abandon you principles is a common theme in the book and helps you understand why Pep has become one of the most successful manager of all times, and surely the most influential. Man United drop HUGE hint that Jadon Sancho's time at the club is OVER... with fans convinced outcast has been omitted from team photo Player C passes wide and high up the flank for A's long curved run around the mannequin. Source: Pep Guardiola's training sessions from Barcelona B team (2007-08)

Get the Football RSS feed

REVEALED: Manchester United players fear Erik ten Hag's hardline approach is affecting team morale with stars feeling that internal conflicts are damaging squad unity amid dismal start to season I had a unique master. I grew a lot with Pep as a player and learnt a great deal from him. Some managers are superb tacticians, but Pep would also describe the moves you had to make on the pitch and what would happen then. And it did!" (Lionel Messi) Dimitar Berbatov says he couldn't speak to team-mates because of self-doubt at Man United as he opens up to Mail Sport Footage of Kylian Mbappe slow clapping Man City striker Erling Haaland at the Ballon d'Or awards leaves fans in stitches as he cuts a glum figure Farewell Franny Lee: Football stars including Graeme Souness, Micah Richards and Mike Summerbee gather to mourn Man City ace who died aged 79

One-Two Combination, Overlap Run for Cross & Time Runs into the Penalty Area in a Speed Endurance Practice Harry the petrolhead! Duke of Sussex looks cool in aviators as he goes behind-the-scenes at the US Grand Prix ahead of the Circuit of The Americas Man United's Harry Maguire and Mason Mount join Erik ten Hag and other first-team stars in making heart-warming memories with fans at club charity day

Ordinarily, I am not a fan of the hagiographical biography, but in this case I am making an exception. Pep Guardiola is one of those people that almost every man over 40 wants to be, or emulate, so it's sort of OK. The Manager of first Barcelona, then Bayern Munich, and now Manchester City's superteam, Guardiola is a great coach, was a very good player- and seems to have the "classy European renaissance man about town" character that one cannot help but admire. In Pep Guardiola- Another Way of Winning- Guillem Balague, a prominent Spanish Football writer and commentator traces the history- and tries to find where the brilliance comes from. He's not that successful, but it is an interesting voyage, and one can learn a lot about the European Soccer world- and how it has developed in the 21st Century.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop