Sun Woman by Jil Sander 75ml Eau de Toilette Spray

Sun Woman by Jil Sander 75ml Eau de Toilette Spray

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

You have to keep in mind, the way skin care products are scented is extremely tied to tastes of the time and also region. A scent like an unforgettable summers day - women who love summer won’t be able to resist the magic of the innovative texture. now for sun by sander which one is up to review her, i can tell u that since years this is my all time fabe summer splash fragrance.

It was in 2001 when I noticed it the last time on a woman who made an entire hotel lobby smell like her. The base is warm and sweet due to vanilla, while Tonka, cedar and benzoin also lend their warm character to the composition. Jil Sander and Guerlain are my favorite fragrance houses, and Sun is my favorite Jil Sander frag and my signature fragrance.Whilst I have a pretty huge collection of perfumes, I can sometimes get a little precious about using the nice, expensive ones. The bottle and name suggests that use but it's Oriental or at least ambery, a kitchen sink of notes, synthetic, pretty, enameled and cool toned, for an Oriental. The Michael Edwards Fragrances of the World Reference classifies Jil Sander's Sun EDT as a floral amber (variation, crisp white flower), and I'm not here to argue that's wrong, but this fragrance is so rich, powdery, and spicy there's a case to be made that it can be pushed into the soft amber family. Or when it dries down, it smells like expensive body powder which a 1950s Hollywood star would have used. Only the strong Benzoin accord - the note that makes me think of my childhood instantly cause it was omnipresent in fragrances back then and all 'grown ladies' smelled of it - makes it take that jump from lotion to perfume.

This smells like a high end sun cream that has mostly been sweated and worn off after all day sun tanning and swimming.Cream, almond, exotic fruits and flowers, sandalwood, a hint of vanilla, sufficient portion of musk and such clear and clean winter scent. Sun gets us in a romantic mood way faster than any other fragrance I own (and I own over a 100 frags). Well, last week I finally caved and decided that if it kept being stuck in my head like that, it meant that I had to finally get it. It smells a bit old school for some maybe but the fact is, it's a very complex and well blended niche quality fragrance which keep selling even almost 4 decades after the launch.

I brought this perfume with me to my temporary summer home, and have been wearing almost exclusively this one scent for the past three weeks.I don’t get anything really beachy from it, but it IS warm and the sun is warm so perhaps it’s aptly named. Every once in a while I can smell suntan lotion in the drydown but I have to suffer to get to that point. The composition opens with light top notes of bergamot lemon cassis African orange flower and palisander rosewood. I do get why there is quite some confusion in the comments about it smelling of sun tan lotion or not, some expecting sun tan lotion to be more tropical (coconut-y) or even fruity smelling. It has always been strong in sillage and longvety, so you would smell that in buses, public pools, on teachers, everywhere.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop