Sigma 322965 85mm F1.4 DG DN | A For Sony E, Black

Sigma 322965 85mm F1.4 DG DN | A For Sony E, Black

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

In the past, f/1.4 primes weren’t as popular for low-light sports as a simple 70-200mm f/2.8, partly because a zoom lens is more useful for telephoto action, of course, but also partly because big primes with a lot of glass just weren’t that “snappy” to focus on high-speed subjects. His expertise with equipment doesn’t end there, though. He is also an encyclopedia when it comes to all manner of cameras, camera holsters and bags, flashguns, tripods and heads, printers, papers and inks, and just about anything imaging-related. Wide open vignetting is about 2.3 EV which is a little bit more than the 1.4/85 GM. Stopped down, vignetting is still a little over 1 EV in the extreme corners, some other 85mm lenses like the 1.4/85 GM have less vignetting stopped down. If you are looking for an ultimate winner though the Sigma is sharper, brighter, and more contrasty at f/8 in the corners, the center is fairly similar between both lenses. Normal type. Protector is developed to protect the lens surface from dirt and dust as well as scratches. It is an ideal filter for regular use as it is completely colorless so does not affect color reproduction.

SIGMA 85mm F1.4 DG DN | ArtEye-Detection AF. The SIGMA 85mm F1.4 DG DN | Art is compatible with the Eye-Detection AF,which is capable of hi… Even mounted on a 20MP Nikon D5, the results were better than a 42MP Sony A7r II with a Zeiss Basis F1.8, which is no mean feat!The lens is made from metal and feels extremely well in the hand – you know that you are holding a quality product. The Sony 85mm f/1.8 is also well made but the Sigma feels a bit better possibly also because it is a bit beefier and larger. Size and weight The Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art gives minimal chromatic aberration at f/1.4 and shows minimal (invisible to the naked eye) barrel distortion. In my experience, the lens reaches its ultimate sharpness between f/2 and f/5.6. I considered the Nikon AF/1.4 hood but it is quite large. AF Nikon 80-200/2.8 hood is smaller, but maybe it vignettes? Our comparison to the Sony f/1.8 seems difficult because there is no clear winner overall. At least not when you consider the big difference in price between the two lenses (as the Sigma cost twice what you will be paying for the Sony at the time of writing this review). If you actually had the Sony 85GM in your hands for this test, can you say why you haven't published a sample gallery of images from it?

Distortion is virtually nonexistent thanks to the in-camera profile correction, and vignetting is surprisingly low even when that in-camera correction is turned off! Turn the in-camera vignetting correction on, of course, and overall there is very little to be noticed, even when over-processing images at f/1.4. Selling my like new Sigma 85mm Art for Nikon for USD840 including shipment. This is the link to the ad The same goes for wedding photographers: If you’re going to be holding a camera and lens to your eye literally all day long, (yes, I have photographed many Hindu weddings that started before sunrise, and went until very late at night!) …you’ll want a decently lightweight choice, but one that doesn’t compromise on image quality or build quality, either.The latter issue is no longer a problem with modern highest-end mirrorless AF systems, such as on the Sony A9-series and even the crop-sensor A6600. Their AF systems, combined with the powerful stepper motor and the decently lightweight optics of the Sigma 85mm 1.4 DN, make low-light high-speed action photography a possibility, as long as 85mm is right for what you’re doing; it may very well be that you’re better off with either a 70-200mm f/2.8, or a longer lens like the Sony 135mm f/1.8 GM. Landscape & Nature Photography

Based on this I really can’t say that the Sigma is much sharper at infinity. Wide open at infinity it has a bit less glow than the 1.4/85 FE, but furthermore I don’t see much difference. As seen in the photos below, it dwarves a full-frame mirrorless camera like the Sony A7 III that we tested it with, requiring you to cradle the lens barrel in your left-hand and hold the camera grip with your right.The lens features a rubber seals in its construction. One of these is found at the rear to prevent moisture creeping past between the camera and lens mount when your AF-Sensors are on the Image-Sensor, you will always have the correct distance between Sensor and AF-Sensor, not so on DSLR's Coma correction is pretty good. Wide open there is some coma visible, already at f/2.8 it is almost invisible. For milky way panorama stuff I would recommend to stop the lens down a little bit to reduce vignetting and getting a more even exposure across frame. Flare resistance of the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 isn’t great which is unfortunately not uncommon with fast tele lenses. Veiling flare

As we typically do, we shall start with the design and build before we move over to performance and give you our final verdict. I didn’t compare them directly, but I studied Bastian’s review and Jannik’s comparison with the FE 1.8/85 carefully. Well, the fact that the Sigma seems noticeably better than the Otus is going to create a bit of fanboy grief. We were almost led to believe that Zeiss made a lens where all stops were removed and they came up with something that noone could every surpass. With many applications in aerospace and other industries, glass ceramics is an extremely tough type of crystallized glass that serves as the foundation for Clear Glass Ceramics. While featuring the high transmittance required of optical devices, this advanced new material combines greater hardness than chemically strengthened glass and greater flexibility than sapphire crystal glass. These qualities make Clear Glass Ceramics the ideal material for protective lens filters.Though the optical quality of its predecessor remains excellent to this day, its bulk and colossal weight isn’t complimentary to full-frame mirrorless cameras, which is where other manufacturers examples have presented an advantage up until now. Honestly? If you really like 85mm, whether for serious portraits, low-light journalism, or just casual artistic imagery in general, get this lens to go on your Sony E-mount body, or your Sigma/Panasonic/Leica L-mount body. You won’t regret it. You can use an integrated LED to display select Sigma lens compatibility with the adapted camera body. The adapter supports in-camera image stabilization. Image Quality

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop