24 World Book Day edible kids childrens party decorations Cupcake Cake Toppers Wafer Rice Paper

£9.9
FREE Shipping

24 World Book Day edible kids childrens party decorations Cupcake Cake Toppers Wafer Rice Paper

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It’s World Book Day you guys, and being an author, this day holds a very special place in my heart. Books can help start interesting conversations across different generations and I have personally seen that books bring people together. Whether it’s to discuss a topic or to spend an afternoon baking from that cookbook on your book shelf, books have the capability of making a dull day seem brighter. On this World Book Day, I want to talk to you about my two books, what’s next in store as well as share a beautiful recipe from my book, Desserts for Every Mood. After the outbreak of war in September 1939, food became scarce and rationing was introduced in Britain in January 1940. Certain foods such as butter, bacon, and sugar, were restricted which meant people could only buy a limited amount to ensure there was enough to go around. The clues in the name with this one. Pinch a dress off you sister, cousin or friend and you've got another one of David Walliam's iconic characters. Captain Underpants Sometimes the best ideas are the most simplest. Here are a few lovely World Book Day recipe ideas to get you started.

During the Second World War, sugar was rationed to 8oz (230g) per week and often, carrots where used to naturally sweeten cakes and biscuits. The sweetness of the carrots replaced some of the sugar used in the original recipes. Why not have a go at making your own Wartime carrot cake below: There were certificates for the winners and the runners-up (2nd and 3rd places in each year group) and prizes of books for the first place winners. The overall winners also won a bake off apron. A big 'Thank You' to FORAS members for organising the event and well done to everyone who took part - there were about 90 cakes altogether and they were sold after school to raise funds for FORAS.

Ingredients

Beth said: “I used it as a mindfulness exercise. I enjoy baking and my dad used to be a chef and used to do a lot of baking so we have a lot of family recipes. Give me your pastries and puddings! Give me your chocolate and cake! For I am the Rat of the Highway….. And whatever I want I take.” – Highway Rat by Julia Donaldson

Mr Stink is another Walliams favourite. All you need is some old clothes, a coat that has seen better days and a 'Mr Stink for Prime Minister' handmade sign. Many children will have a left over witches costume hanging around in the bottom of the toy box from Halloween, but if not just a dark dress, a hat and the book will suffice. With World Book Day just around the corner ( Thursday, March 2 this year), if you're planning to get dressed up it's the perfect time to start working out your kids' costumes. It’s a fabulous rhyming picture book that we’ve read so many times over the years, that we all know the words off by heart! So, here’s our World Book Day – Highway Rat goodie cake! Have fun.Bin the Knife, Save a Life: For the sake of all our children we must unite to stop another knife-crime tragedy World Book Day - a controversial annual event that creates mixed emotion amongst parent's. While some love it and go all out for other's it's just another unnecessary expense. In a large bowl, beat the oil and sugar with an electric mixer until the mixture is pale. Add the yogurt into the oil mixture and mix well. Add the milk. Her Victoria sponge cakes were decorated with white icing, she added red icing for blood and made a crown and dagger as props then wrote quotes from the play on the cake.

Students were asked to depict their favourite book or script on a cake, or draw a representation if they were not able to bake. Through my second book Desserts for Every Mood, I came to understand myself even better and wanted this book to be a one-stop solution for any type of baking. A 100 recipes and a lot of hardwork later, we had this beautiful book in hand which has all kinds of recipes – from simple too complex. I hope my two books become your savior on a bad day and that you let baking soothe all your stresses. Because honestly, we all need that right now!

Secondary Resources

Fresh mangoes –Since it is a chocolate mango cake, mangoes are essential for bringing this cake together. I slice some mangoes into fine, beautiful pieces and arrange them in a floral pattern on top. This is also called a mango rosette and this decoration makes the cake apt for any occasion! Be it a birthday or a wedding celebration, this cake is absolutely a stunner show stopper dessert. I find baking replaces any negativity and helps me have a more positive attitude. It also gives me confidence as well.

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until the mixture is light and fluffy. With the mixer still running, add the icing sugar and cocoa mixture in batches. Whisk until the frosting is smooth and fluffy. READ MORE: Yorkshire school holidays 2023: When are the school holidays in Huddersfield, York, Sheffield, Bradford and Rotherham? Nothing can beat reading a good book as it takes us to places and adventures where we have never been. This has truly been the case for me because I have seen myself being transported to a different world every time I read a cookbook. I started baking when I was 16 and I didn’t know life had so much in store for me. Apart from being a baker and blogger, writing and sharing recipes with you guys through my books has been something that has brought me the most amount of joy. Another iconic Matilda character is Bruce Bogtrotter, the boy who was punished for eating the headteacher's chocolate cake by being force-fed the entire thing. Distribute the batter equally into the four cake pans. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.

Very carefully, cut away a ‘V’ shape of the Babybel wax with a sharp knife, and peel off. The ‘V’ will form the wings of your ladybird. Heat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Lightly oil and fully line 3 x 23cm sandwich tins (see tip) with baking paper and set aside.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop