Pioneer XDJ-RX all-in-one rekordbox DJ system

Pioneer XDJ-RX all-in-one rekordbox DJ system

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

By pressing and holding the Menu button under the screen, you can access the system preferences, which contain a lot of choices, of which I’m going to highlight a few here. It’s when you browse your library that the feeling falls apart a bit. Now don’t get me wrong, browsing is pretty good, and its shortcomings are not a deal-breaker, but one of the big strengths of software DJing is that browsing and searching your music – and crucially, using a Qwerty keyboard – are easy. But with no keyboard here, and no touchscreen version of it like on the XDJ-1000, you have to resort to entering search words letter-by-letter, in the excruciating “TV remote control” style: This is a no-go for me.

Pioneer XDJ-RX DJ System with Free Rekordbox DJ Software

Beyond FX controls you’ll also have access to Booth Monitor volume. Cue/Master and Level controls for your headphones. Plus, access to AUX controls directly on the mixer section. The Pioneer DJ XDJ-RX3 is a 2 channel, all-in-one, DJ system which streamlines workflow and expands creative possibilities. There are 6 Sound Color effects and 14 Beat FX available on the XDJ-RX3 vs. 4 Sound Color effects and 8 Beat FX on the XDJ-RX2. XDJ-RX3 (right) features full DJM-900NXS2 sound FX set.I think that a version like that would be good, but I think you would also see a lot of other features disappear too, mainly on the FX side of things. The XDJ RX2 also offers 4 Line In RCA options. These allow you to connect external gear like CDJs or turntables. Keep in mind the XDJ RX2 doesn’t support DVS so you’ll be unable to play with a timecoded vinyl layout. An extra RCA option is available for AUX connections. Sound quality is fine – Pioneer DJ says it has been tuned slightly to remove a bit of harshness over the XDJ-RX2, and that its sits just slightly below the XDJ-XZ and the CDJ-3000 in the sound quality specs. Pioneer DJ’s sound quality tier places the XDJ-RX3 in between the RX2 and XZ. XDJ-RX with a pair or 1200s – this will give me standalone unit in rekordbox ecosystem (great to get used to Pioneer’s club standard DJM/CDJ system) and also standalone mixer for playing analog vinyls when I want to. I am not sure about DVS and Serato DJ (digital DJing) compatibility with this. Do we have any rumors if XDJ-RZ is coming out anytime soon? (with 4 channels, split cues and touch screen/s) ?

Pioneer DJ XDJ-RX3 Standalone DJ System Review Pioneer DJ XDJ-RX3 Standalone DJ System Review

This software includes open source software codes licensed under Apple Public Source License, Version 2.0 ("APSL"). The machine readable copy of the corresponding source code is available here. First, you’ll have access to standard hot cue assignments. But the secondary mode now opens up Gate cue. A feature that is long overdue for Pioneer controllers. This allows you to finger drum using preset cues. Great for creative mixing.There are lots of other little changes, many are firsts for the XDJ-RX3 (again you should definitely read our Pioneer DJ XDJ-RX2 review and indeed our Pioneer DJ CDJ-3000 review to get up on some of the other features in this unit, if you’re not familiar with those two devices).

XDJ-RX3 - 2-channel performance all-in-one DJ system

First up these now feature on-board displays. They don’t present the same level of information as the DDJ-1000 jogwheels. No waveform data or BPM. But you’ll still see album artwork along with other information like whether the jogwheel is in Slip mode. The controllers do not support pro-link connection (no Ethernet ports) so you won’t be able to connect CDJ players to your XDJ setup in any other way than through the audio mixer. Also unfortunately both XDJ-RX2 and RX3 are not DVS compatible. Mixer panels on the Pioneer XDJ-RX2 and XDJ-RX3. If you have rekordbox connection, operation and audio issues, please see here to solve the problems. Ver.1.300 Update If controllers with screens are your primary motivation the Denon Prime 4 is an excellent option. It offers a massive 10-inch screen. Standalone capability is also available. Plus, you’ll open up yourself to 4 channel mixing.Can I use serato DVS with this? That would be great if I could – all my music is in mp3 but I plan on starting buying pure analog vinyl records too. This theme continues over to the mixer section, which now features 6 Sound Colour FX and 14 Beat FX. The additional FX bring the XDJ-RX3 performance capabilities closer to the DJM-900NXS2. While we’re on the subject of the industry standard mixer, the XDJ-RX3 has been sonically tuned to sound closer to the NXS2 mixer. This tuning has resulted in a warmer, well-rounded sound which has an analogue feel and is a less harsh than previous RX models. Tweaking the mixer to suit your needs is now far easier thanks to the improved utility menu which allows you to control fader curves and switch the EQ from the standard level of cut to isolator mode. The headphone monitoring section now has an additional cue button to make use of the Touch Preview function and the AUX input, which made its debut in the RX2, has been retained. The mixer section of the XDJ-RX3 has also seen some notable improvements. If you are already familiar with Pioneer mixers you’ll feel right at home. And that does make the RX-3 extremely appealing. For experienced professionals, it’s essentially a 900NXS2 style mixer with plenty of bells and whistles. Likewise, it is great for anyone who has ambitions of playing in clubs where Pioneer gear dominates.

XDJ-RX - Pioneer DJ - USA Download firmware or software for XDJ-RX - Pioneer DJ - USA

Can you comment on sound quality please? Especially in comparison to top of the line and digital mixer from Pioneer i.e. DJM-900nxs(2) and some full analog mixers for example made by A&H (e.g. Xone43)? But it is responsive and intuitive to use. Information is intelligently presented and navigating is a breeze. Both via touch controls or the dedicated browse knob. Framerate and resolution have also seen a bump. It just feels more snappy than the RX-2. The Pioneer XDJ RX2 is a solid controller. Weighing in at 9kg (20 lbs) it is comfortable to transport between gigs. Slip Loop – the same as Roll mode on other Pioneer DJ controllers – triggers momentary loops as long as a pad is pressed down (1/16 beat to 2 beats + 1/3 and 3/4 beats) The modern era of DJing has brought with it a fundamental change to how DJs assess and prepare mixes.These are not post-fader FX – if you for example trigger an echo effect by using a pad and then try and move the active channel fader down to 0db you will simply cut the echoing audio short. The mixer section I’m not saying USBs are better than laptops (they’re not), or that laptop DJing is far superior to DJing with just CDJs and a handful of songs (it’s not), but I will say that they are totally different experiences altogether, and there is great fun to be had with both methods 🙂 The Pioneer XDJ RX2 offers long pitch faders. The tempo range is adjustable via a button. This gives you the flexibility to move from fine tempo adjustments to larger ranges if needed. Long pitch faders with fine tempo adjustments make beatmatching by ear much easier. That’s exactly my intention of usage for xdi-rx: home/party/small bar use. It is great to know this unit will be absolutely fine in terms of sound quality. And another final point, trying to be really clever last year, I got a thunderbolt drive by La Cie, these DO NOT work with Rekordbox. They mount to the computer in a different way than USB and so their mount point changes, meaning your playlists will disappear or lose their path. Worth more trouble and really no need to have that kind of speed for audio, now I use it for VJing and Serato

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop