Mezzanine [VINYL]

Mezzanine [VINYL]

RRP: £36.46
Price: £18.23
£18.23 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Is there anyone else here that would love it if they released some sort of proper 24bit-96kHz+ digital format? By 'proper' I mean with its full dynamic range (not like their 2012 mix/master of Blue lines, where the dynamics are squashed into a limiter, conversely). I wish there was a DVD-audio version. Or it could be an SACD...hell even the 20bit HDCD, with peak extension, might fair better than the vinyl pressings, at least in some regard, seeing how this album seems to be a "challenge" for the vinyl format, as one commenter noted. The female vocals suffer from sibilance...which are one of the most indispensable qualities of this album—Liz Frazer and Sara Jay—but that's not to discredit the other vocalists...every part of this album is indispensable; absolute masterpiece, and the pinnacle of the trip-hop genre, imo. Or if you don't like the term trip-hop—as nearly none of the associated artists seem to lol—it's at least a quintessential of 90s music in the general realm of hip-hop/electronic music. I will not bother you with more details about the edition, but please pay attention to the third vinyl where you can find the remixes. Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge. Year in Focus – European Top 100 Albums 1998" (PDF). Music & Media. Vol.15, no.51. 19 December 1998. p.8. OCLC 29800226– via World Radio History.

Like any other edition from the Vinyl Factory this is a collectors edition, as it takes the music of the artist to high level of presentation detail. Before listen to the music I was really impressed by the quality and detail of this cover, need to be seen in the flesh. The pressing of the vinyls is top... fantastic deep and fat sound, I can feel a lot of differences from the CD. By April 2000, the album had sold 2.5 million copies worldwide. [33] As of February 2010, it had sold 560,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. [34] Mezzanine DNA [ edit ] By the way... the music... !!! If you love your Smith & Mighty, Portishead, Roni Size, Tom Waits or Neil Young - you'll love it. If you already know the album and consider buying the vinyl- just go ahead!!! So, this will be a bit of an odd review. As for the music itself, I think this is a great album. This album has an odd appeal and a unique sound, perfect for the right mood. Classement Albums – année 1998" (in French). Syndicat National de l'Édition Phonographique. Archived from the original on 25 September 2012 . Retrieved 10 January 2013.

Contributors

ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 1998 Albums" (PDF). Australian Recording Industry Association . Retrieved 10 January 2013. Heligoland is a world of sensations, something that takes your mind to different trips. If sometimes you can sing along with Robert, Martina, Horace or Hope, other times you just surf between Heaven and Hell, like with Guy, but always moving... always loosing your mind in timeless memories of a lost future. Top 100 Album-Jahrescharts – 1998" (in German). Offizielle Deutsche Charts . Retrieved 27 June 2015.

Tónlist – Ísland plötur og diskar". DV (in Icelandic). Vol.88, no.114. 22 May 1998. p.44. ISSN 1021-8254– via Timarit.is. Published by Fiction Songs Limited. Licensed courtesy of Fiction Records; East/West Records, Australia, and Elektra Records by arrangement with Warner Special Products, Inc. As to the Mad Professor Mezzanine dub remixes on the second CD, they are truly awful in my opinion. While I think they could have enhanced the great part of this album if done correctly, I think there was a reason the remixes weren't released after they were done for 20 years. It's because they aren't good. Matrix / Runout (Side B, etched Variant 10 [No Pre-/Suffixes, 1st press]): BD26581-01 B1 3754225 i...i a b c "The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time: 300–201". NME. 24 October 2013 . Retrieved 27 June 2015.ARIA Top 100 Albums for 1998". Australian Recording Industry Association . Retrieved 3 October 2020. Salaverrie, Fernando (September 2005). Sólo éxitos: año a año, 1959–2002 (PDF) (in Spanish) (1sted.). Madrid: Fundación Autor/SGAE. p.954. ISBN 84-8048-639-2 . Retrieved 27 December 2018. Management [Tour Representation] – David Levy (5), Deluxe (23), ITB, Jeremy Joseph (2), Jonathan Levine (3), MPA (2), Metropolis Music (2), Raye Cosbert European Top 100 Albums" (PDF). Music & Media. Vol.15, no.21. 23 May 1998. p.21. OCLC 29800226– via World Radio History. Mezzanine topped the charts in the United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand, becoming the group's most commercially successful album to date. It ranked highly on many year-end lists. [3] The album spawned four singles, " Risingson", " Teardrop", " Angel" and " Inertia Creeps", which also variously charted in the United Kingdom.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop