NTE5C MK2 + VDSL MK4 OpenReach Telephone Master Socket + Back Box

NTE5C MK2 + VDSL MK4 OpenReach Telephone Master Socket + Back Box

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

After reading your excellent posts, I am minded to disconnect the existing connections to the old style wall plates and install RJ45 plates connecting them on a data hardwired network. Before I do that, some basic questions:- Are you using the same cord upstairs as well as downstairs?

NTE5A Master Socket | « GENUINE - run-IT-direct BT Openreach™ NTE5A Master Socket | « GENUINE - run-IT-direct

If you can't find it, have a look outside for any wires entering your home, then look for a white box on the wall inside.Is there a way to have it so it isn’t filtered out to the extension as it isn’t practical at all having the router downstairs, and I can’t run Ethernet wiring etc. I added an extension to the master socket, Blue with white rings to 2, orange with white rings to 3 and white with blue rings to 5.

master phone socket NTE5C MK2 + MK4 DAVOX BT Openreach master phone socket NTE5C MK2 + MK4

The cable is the best I could get, braided, shielded etc and it goes from the rj11 in the bt wall socket up and terminates in what looks like an rj45 plug but has only 6 connectors and is plugged into the ‘broadband’ socket on the back of the modem/router. I have an NTE5C Master located in a small room to the front of my property and want to relocate it to my lounge. There may be an issue with one of the prongs on the “female” socket (test socket) being out of line when the faceplate is pushed in, but in alignment when a phone line “male” plug is pushed in. You may lose a bit of speed depending on what the green pair on the voice cable passes, how it’s jointed, etc.Again, on the newer MK2 version of the NTE5c, they now have clear cam-locks on the extension IDC’s so you can see that the cables are correctly placed. Warning If you install a faceplate with these modifications, you will no longer have access to the voice channel on the copper pair for testing purposes. A newer version (MK4) which is a VDSL Interstitial faceplate, which is curved and Openreach branded is also now installed by Openreach, will not fit old-style master sockets with screw fronts. Therefore moving the master to where the current extension is and extending the wiring (“crimping through” in old-school BT-speak) is a viable alternative (providing that there is nothing else between it and the Openreach network). If devices are adjacent to exterior walls, then external Cat 5/Cat 6 cable can be run from the router via the outside of the house.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop