In the Café of Lost Youth (New York Review Books Classics)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It is a story about the many facets of a single woman but also, unquestionably, a story about the multiple worlds within Paris, a city that, as much as any individual human being, remains essentially unknowable. A street, a book, a Café - all are pretexts that Louki uses in her struggle with life, with the meaning or with its lack, even. Since it’s a bit different from the others you’ve read, do you think this is a wise or unwise place to start with him? Le deuxième narrateur, le détective Pierre Caisley, est la voix froide de la réalité, le narrateur omniscient, qui nous fournit le vrai nom de Louki, ainsi que des informations sur son passé. He identifies with Louki and her attempts to flee and hide, for he has had many of the same experiences.

The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. I loved living in the atmosphere in this book, but if it had been any longer I think I would've lost interested. Consider Philippe Claudel a far more versatile and passionate author than this accidental or compromise Nobel laureate. De Vere also gives her a copy of Louise, Sister of the Void, and Louki crosses out the name Louise and replaces it with her own real name, Jacqueline, on the cover of the book.

That sound will reverberate through the ground floor of Cafè Le Condè, as you delicately place each thought in your heart, from the vibrating passages of the book. The other three – (Les Chants de Maldoror, Les Illuminations and The Lost Horizon) – are far better-known. It's a very interesting exercise of literature and the style is totally enticing: while reading it I had the feeling that I was in a boat on a really quiet sea, being carried by the lullaby of the waves. Modiano is an enchanter; he weaves magic with a certain ease of abandonment that leaves the reader craving more.

Louki is one of the narrators, recounting chapters of her past with a certain vagueness that continues the foggy train of thought of the novel. Un jour de cafard, sur la couverture du livre que Guy de Vere m’avait prêté : Louise du Néant, j’ai remplacé au stylo bille le prénom par le mien. The daughter of a single mother who works in the Moulin Rouge, Louki grows up in poverty in Montmartre.

The company I used to work for had its head office on the outskirts of the city so I made fairly frequent trips there with visits to the city centre for dinner etc. Il semble déchirer impitoyablement le voile de mystère, en rendant Louki ordinaire, mais à la fin lui aussi, ensorcelé, lui permet de s'échapper du con de la lumière cruelle où il l'avait capturée.

Không giàu có,nhưng tinh tế, không dày, nhưng hiệu quả, không mang một câu chuyện có sức nặng, nhưng chất chứa vẻ đẹp đơn giản của cuộc đời.This novella is written in four chapters, each from the first person point of view of four different characters, all of whom have a connection to a 22 year old young woman known as Louki, a name given to her in a baptism or second birth by someone known as Tarzan, or was it Zacharias?

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop