Polo: The lavish and racy classic from Sunday Times bestseller Jilly Cooper

Polo: The lavish and racy classic from Sunday Times bestseller Jilly Cooper

RRP: £10.99
Price: £5.495
£5.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

During a recent interview with us Aidan revealed more about his Rivals role: "I look like I’m from circa 1975 but it’s for Jilly Cooper’s Rivals, which I’m filming until October. I hadn’t read Rivals before. It seems very British so it wasn’t really on my radar, but it’s really fun. But after we wrap the tache is definitely going to go and I’m going to take a break – I’d love a big holiday!" Barber, Richard (7 April 2017). "Jilly Cooper: 'My books are my babies' ". The Guardian . Retrieved 29 March 2019. Later, a strangers shows up at their door step and claims to be the long lost daughter of the family. This sets the three Belvedon brothers at each other’s throats. She is accompanied with her glamorous boyfriend who has an unhealthy interest in the Raphael painting.

Polo by Jilly Cooper - AbeBooks

In more recent years, her Rutshire Chronicles have come under fire for dated and problematic portrayals of race, homosexuality, gender roles and sexual consent. [1] [2] [3]

Select a format:

a b Grice, Elizabeth (17 September 2010). "Jilly Cooper interview". The Daily Telegraph. London . Retrieved 26 April 2021. Jilly was born in Essex, England to Mary Elaine and Brigadier W.B Sallitt. Surrey and IIkley were the towns she grew up in. Jilly attended Moorfield School and Godolphin School. Apart from Octavia, other productions include the TV mini-series The Man Who Made Husbands Jealous, starring Hugh Bonneville, produced by Sarah Lawson, and Riders. [32] List of works [ edit ] Non-fiction [ edit ] Hanks, Robert, "First Lady of Rutshire", The Guardian (1959–2003); 18 March 1996; ProQuest Historical Newspapers: The Guardian (1821–2003) and The Observer (1791–2003) pg. A4 Find sources: "Rutshire Chronicles"– news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR ( December 2009) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message)

Jilly Disney’s ‘Rivals’: Everything you need to know the new Jilly

Octavia Brennan is a beautiful yet flawed young woman, living the high life in 1970s London. Though she is deeply flirtatious and has – by her own admission – slept with many men, she has never found happiness with any of them. When Jake and Rupert meet again for the first time since school, old rivalries are reawakened as they fight it out to prove who is the greater horseman and, perhaps more importantly, the greater lover. Along the way, Cooper gives us a peek into the lives of this close-knit community of tops riders, their horses, grooms and families. We see the highs and lows of life in the equestrian world, but who will eventually come out on top in the final showdown at the Los Angeles Olympics. Our heroine this time round is spoilt brat Perdita, who shows a stunning flair for polo and has sympathetic, loving relationships with horses and dogs, but not with people. She is brought up by long suffering mother Daisy and stepfather Hamish, with whom Daisy has had two more children. Perdita's father is absent for much of the book, but his entrance is explosive. On 13 November 2009 she was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Letters by the University of Gloucestershire at a ceremony in Gloucester Cathedral. [30] Film and TV productions [ edit ] An excerpt was included in The Dirty Bits For Girls (ed. India Knight, Virago, 2008), a collection of favourite "dirty bits" from novels Knight read as a teenager. [12] Plot summary [ edit ]

Publication Order of Picture Books

Loughrey, Clarisse (30 January 2019). "Jilly Cooper says #MeToo movement has 'diminished' men". The Independent . Retrieved 4 May 2023.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop