Pro-Ject VC-S2 ALU, Premium record cleaning machine for vinyl & 78rpm shellac records, Silver

£199.5
FREE Shipping

Pro-Ject VC-S2 ALU, Premium record cleaning machine for vinyl & 78rpm shellac records, Silver

RRP: £399.00
Price: £199.5
£199.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

As I continued to use the unit, I found that some heavily soiled records did benefit from multiple cleans, but this is to be expected with any record cleaning process. The VC-S2 ALU takes record cleaning to new levels. There are features which are new for record cleaning machines in this pricerange: The aluminium enclosure of the VC-S2 ALU exemplifies the high-end build-quality, and makes your new record cleaner a long-lasting investment. A new aluminium clamp seals the record label from cleaning fluid to avoid damage and allow it to withstand excessive fluid spill without compromising the chassis. Practical Features But is your record is dirty/dusty and there is noise because of this. Then a clean is a great idea.

What stands out as different about the VC-S3 is the new vacuum motor, which is said to feature aluminum mounting pads and a cataphoretic surface treatment. Pro-Ject’s VC-S2 ALU is the biggest, most powerful record cleaning machine we’ve come across, and it’s the ultimate way to restore and maintain your albums. Commercial users, such as record stores and DJs, should bias to the larger unit if they can afford it and have the space—the main reason being tank size. Our eco-friendly and non-alcoholic vinyl cleaning concentrate, Wash-IT, offers very good cleaning results and reduces static charge, so record wear and stylus wear are significantly reduced.A newly designed aluminium clamp holds the record securely in place during cleaning, and protects the label from any fluid or damage. The metal vacuum arm is easy to use, focusing the suction power directly onto the surface of the records. Either way, I’m happy with this modification as a solution, and would love to see a modification kit released for the original VC-E (hint hint, Pro-Ject…) Another point worth mentioning is the record overhang and how this affects the placement of the machine…

Our eco-friendly and non-alcoholic vinyl cleaning concentrate, Wash-IT, offers very good cleaning results and reduces static charge, so record wear and stylus wear are significantly reduced. The aluminum enclosure of the VC-S2 ALU exemplifies the high-end build quality, and makes your new record cleaner a long-lasting investment. The increased size allows for quieter operation and improved handling of the record and cleaning liquid application processes. With many practical Features and excellent mechanical operation, the VC-S2 ALU effectively combines industrial design appeal with an easy solution to great sound from your vinyl records. VC-E & VC-S2 Setup Notes So while the exhaust positioning of the VC-E might be a deal-breaker for some, I couldn’t replicate the issue under what I might conclude as normal everyday use. For the past few months, the motor noise has been MUCH louder, and sounds like a jet engine when revving up. I am not someone who is generally unhappy with the vacuum motor noise of this type of machine. I had an original Pro-Ject VC-S, and the noise level never bothered me; the noise level of the VC-S2 as Ashley noted in her excellent review is a little lower than that of the original VC-S, and that was my experience – until a few months ago. Actual measurements (width x height x depth) are 415 x 325 x 272 mm (fully assembled), with a weight of 8KG. The VC-E is more compact at 310 x 266 x 210mm (fully assembled) and lighter at 6.5 KG.

An aluminum clamp keeps your record in place while it spins to ensure the vacuum can thoroughly clean every inch. Pro-Ject includes a 500mL bottle of cleaning fluid, so you can start using it right of the box. There’s no information on how quiet this record cleaning machine is, but it’s probably louder than our other recommendations because of its more powerful motor. That motor also contributes to its size: at 21.8 inches tall and 17.2 inches wide it’s the largest record cleaning machine we’re recommending. The robust metal arm is easy to use, mechanically stable and focuses all suction power directly onto the record surface.

Newly developed vinyl cleaning concentrate Wash it offers very good cleaning results and reduces static charge, so record wear as well as stylus wear is signaficantly reduced. The Pro-Ject VC-S3 did an outstanding job of cleaning a dust-caked record straight from the old sleeve. The latest S3 edition brings another round of improvements (most of which are also featured on the compact version, including the new magnetic clamp, a new-look improved cabinet design, and a new self-adhesive arm strip.

VC-E & VC-S2 Setup Notes

The MK II couldn’t save all of our records because it can’t fix scratches, but it did a good job of reducing the amount of surface noise and pops from our records. Your experience will vary based on the general condition of your records, but expect some level of sound quality improvement on all of them. Again, if a record has physical scratches, especially deep ones that run across it from edge to edge, the Okki Nokki will not be able to fix that damage. I expected equivalent cleaning results to my original VC-E, and the VC-E2 certainly didn’t disappoint. I still heartily recommend the Pro-Ject VCS line of machines. But I’d strongly advise to do careful research about cleaning fluids instead of using the supplied Pro-Ject Wash It fluid. The Steve Hoffman forum has many members who know vinyl cleaning way better than me, and has been a terrific resource (as has AudioAppraisal.com – and I’m grateful to both!) Also featuring an aluminium chassis top with similar cleaning prowess claims in a couple of platter rotations, it arrives with a larger chassis, aluminium clamp and tank at 2.5 litres.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop