BOOM, BOOM: Band 02B/Red B (Collins Big Cat Phonics)

£2.35
FREE Shipping

RRP: £4.70
Price: £2.35
£2.35 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Dewey becomes a staple of this Spencer, Iowa library and community, transforming all of their lives for the better. Though the citizens of Moscow are understandably shaken by the arrival of Satan and his minions, two people instead find peace with their visit. Why would anyone want to start training their cat? The answer is – because it is a sure-fire way of enriching the bond between cat and owner, while at the same time helping to make the cat’s life run a great deal smoother. And it’s not at all difficult: contrary to their reputation as inscrutable loners, cats are both easy and fun to train.” This book comes on the scene in July 2016, and we’re looking forward to it! Now, that rating might seem a bit low considering how, if you've spoken to me or seen my videos, you know I was obsessed while reading this book. But I shall explain.

Homer the Blind Wonder Cat (1997-2013) was an eyeless cat who served as the inspiration for the 2009 New York Times bestselling memoir Homer’s Odyssey: A Fearless Feline Tale, or How I Learned about Love and Life with a Blind Wonder Cat, written by Gwen Cooper.It detailed Cooper's life with an abandoned, eyeless cat that she rescued when he was three weeks old and subsequently named Homer.

Homer’s Odyssey: A Fearless Feline Tale, or How I Learned about Love and Life with a Blind Wonder Cat has been published in 22 languages in some 32 countries around the world, including the Netherlands ( Wonderkat), Germany ( Homer und Ich), Italy ( Omero Gatto Nero), France ( L'odyssée d'Homère), Russia ( Одиссея Гомера), Finland ( Homer-kissan uskomaton elämä), Poland ( Odyseja kota imieniem Homer), England, Korea, China, and Japan.

Having seen the cat in the same place a few nights in a row, and after asking the residents if the cat is theirs, he takes it to the local vet. The book does go on a bit at times, but that is perfectly in keeping with the central conceit of observing and annotating on the humans who surround the titular as yet unnamed cat. Best read in chunks rather than as one piece, the book cannot really be faulted in any way except for ending just when we want more. Forget plot, just enjoy the brilliant characterisation and playful use of vocabulary by the author and you can't go wrong. Lo que realmente hace apreciar su lectura es el desarrollo que Sōseki ha hecho de los cuatro personajes principales, siendo el gato sin nombre el narrador que lleva adelante la historia, acompañado por el dispéptico profesor Kushami, su dueño, un profesor de lenguas británicas de su ciudad (quien personaliza la introducción de la cultura occidental que el autor logró introducir en Japón a través de su obra), siguiendo con Metmei, el típico muchacho sabelotodo y verborrágico y sabelotodo que se la pasa hablando en la casa del profesor aunque nunca es invitado y también el joven Misushima Kangetsu, un muchacho que intenta conquistar el corazón de la hija de la familia Kaneda y que aún no ha terminado su tesis.

It’s no secret that here at The Uncorked Librarian, we don’t necessarily seek out animal stories, especially if a pet is hurt or dying. The dog, scared witless, shouts, "HIDE! HIDE!" The dog jumps under a couch cushion, and the cat persists in annoying him. The cat climbs on the cushion with his toys. BOOM! The dog jumps, throwing the insufferable cat high into the air. Silence - the dog crawls out by the glass door and he snoozes again. The cat toys with his mouse. "Rumble Rumble," storm clouds are everywhere. The dog hides under a chair, and the cat discovers a ball of yarn for his amusement. También en la novela, Sōseki realiza una auténtica revalorización de la antigua cultura samuráis, las costumbres japonesas y los hábitos de su gente como la comida, la cultura, la vestimenta, etc.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop