Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes

Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes

RRP: £6.99
Price: £3.495
£3.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Twinkle, Twinkle Little “SATURDAY” Star! Printable Nursery Rhyme Watercolor for Any Nursery Décor, New Baby Gift, Gender Neutral Wall Art Mem Fox is an Australian storyteller and children's writer. I know that Mem and I share similar attitudes on this issue and others. It seems that Mem has undertaken to write a book to teach the same concept that I was talking about. It goes...

The publisher and The Reading Agency would love to see how your activities and events throughout February and March. You can do this on social media using #TenLittleFingers and by tagging WalkerBooksUK, and readingagency. We will like and share as much as possible. We like this one as a bedtime story. Loved doing the actions especially at the end with the three little kisses on the end of your nose! Also great to teach baby about different cultures a b "Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes". Publishers Weekly. PWxyz LLC. 15 September 2008 . Retrieved 30 November 2016. History:Past ABIA Winners - 2009 Category Winners". abiawards.com.au . Retrieved 25 September 2017. The text of the book does not mention any differences at all but Helen Oxenbury's illustrations show babies from many different races and the book subtly and beautifully suggests that we all have more in common than we are different.

Ten Little Fingers has also been reviewed by the Journal of Children's Literature, [8] The Christian Century, [9] First Opinions -- Second Reactions, [10] YC: Young Children, [11] Library Sparks, [12] Reading Time, [13] and the New England Reading Association Journal. [14] Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes". Journal of Children's Literature. EBSCO Industries Inc. 35 (1): 66. March 2009 . Retrieved 30 November 2016. [ dead link]

Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes is a 2008 children's picture book by Mem Fox and Helen Oxenbury. It is about babies, who, although they are from around the world, all share the common trait of having the same number of digits.There’s no doubt about it, this book is a delight, and deserves five stars both in terms of enjoyment, and for stressing the commonality of humans, rather than any perceived superficial differences. But there is a slight tarnish perhaps on one point of that fifth star ... Kaye Throssell (August 2009). "Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes/Hello Baby!". Reading Time. EBSCO Industries Inc. 53 (3): 23 . Retrieved 30 November 2016. [ dead link] For over a decade Mem Fox’s Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes, brought to life by Helen Oxenbury’s diverse cast of delicious babies, has been shared by parents and their little ones the world over. a b c "Ten little fingers and ten little toes". buffalolib.org. Buffalo and Erie County Public Library . Retrieved 30 November 2016.

Ten Little Fingers has been commended for its positive treatment of racial diversity. [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] Babies may be born in different countries, look a little different and have different needs, but one thing that most have in common are ten fingers and ten toes. This is the uniting theme of this perfect first book for sharing. From the swaddled newborn, to children sitting alone, then crawling together, and then standing, the illustrations show babies born all over the world in the country and cities, all with irresistibly chubby fingers and toes. We support a lot of families expecting a baby, but we are happy to help families with young children of any age up to age 12. Where we can, we also like to add a few essentials for parents and older siblings, too. We like to think of how our support can help the whole family, not just the child in question ​- every family is different and every family matters. Literacy has become the great focus of my life – it’s my passion, my battle and my mission and my exhaustion.”Toy Storage Personalized Birthday Gift for Boy Toy Box with wheels Montessori Furniture Toddler Gifts for Kids Wooden Decor for Nursery Helen Oxenbury was born in Ipswich and attended the Ipswich School of Art before moving to London to study at the Central School of Art and Design.Her career has spanned many fields, including design work in theatre, film and television. She started illustrating children’s books in 1964 and has published books across age groups, from classic board books for babies to collections of nursery rhymes for all ages. Counting Pegs Ten Frame Kindergarten Math Toy Set with Addition and Subtraction Flashcards, a Montessori Math Manipulative for Toddlers & Up Mem Fox is Australia’s most highly regarded picture-book author. Her first book, Possum Magic, is the best selling children’s book ever in Australia, with sales of over three million. And in the USA Time for Bed and Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge have each sold over a million copies. Time for Bed is on Oprah’s list of the twenty best children’s books of all time. Mem has written thirty picture books for children and five non-fiction books for adults, including the best-selling Reading Magic, aimed at parents of very young children. Even when Orlean’s prose wavers, Karas’s gouache, pencil, acrylic and photo­graphic collages build an appealing city­scape full of hilarious details and baby-coddling New Yorkers. His images also build the big sister’s bravado into a narrative journey: the story of a girl who comes to terms with her new baby brother.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop