Gastro Obscura: A Food Adventurer's Guide (Atlas Obscura)

£16
FREE Shipping

RRP: £32.00
Price: £16
£16 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Humans around the world are bound by the necessity and pleasure of eating and there is no faster way to glimpse the heart of a place than by experiencing its food. It requires an engagement of every sense, from the sound of dishes clattering in an alleyway kitchen, to the smell of garlic hitting hot oil, to the joy of seeing a plate of food before you as you sit, utensil in hand, about to taste.

I get that there are economic and publishing constraints, but I found myself coming to the end of each entry and wanting more, a whole lot more. But far more than a menu of curious minds delicacies and unexpected dishes, Gastro Obscura reveals food’s central place in our lives as well as our bellies, touching on history–trace the network of ancient Roman fish sauce factories. Very well structured, full of exciting insights and photos, the book is an informative read that makes for a brilliant guide before any vacation. Covering all seven continents, Gastro Obscura serves up a loaded plate of incredible ingredients, food adventures, and edible wonders.And just think of all of the interesting conversations this book will generate if you leave it out on the coffee table for others to browse.

Auch Pad Thai, ein super- geniales Gericht aus Thailand hat seinen Weg in dieses Buch gefunden und ich verrate euch, dass es in Krabi mal den besten Pad Thai Stand auf dem Night Market gab. From the creators of Atlas Obscura comes a lavishly illustrated guide to esoteric and eccentric cuisine from around the world, embracing everything from English bog butter to China's sacred mountaintop tea house. The only problem I had with Gastro Obscura is that after reading it, I now have an almost endless list of fascinating places to visit, though I'm not sure about some of those delicacies.

Our small-group adventures are inspired by our Atlas of the world's most fascinating places, the stories behind them, and the people who bring them to life. Festivals–chase a wheel of double Gloucester at Britain’s annual Cooper’s Hill cheese rolling competition.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop