Empire of the Damned: 2 (Empire of the Vampire)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

There's a fair bit of swearing as well as some voyeuristic sexual content, so it's definitely not a book I'd hand over to a kid, but honestly? It works. The rough and raw language feels right for the story, and it never got old. And man, Kristoff knows how to write a dark, grim scene and still make it beautiful - that's some real talent right there. So yeah, despite some minor hiccups, Kristoff's writing is seriously impressive. Blasphemy- Look, I get it I signed up for a dark fantasy and I got it. This is the first time I am reading anything from this author so I had zero idea. I also understand that the religion portrayed in this book is not real but it is based on or inspired by Catholicism. Thought it was a bit much. Condenado a muerte por el asesinato del rey vampiro, el último miembro de la hermandad sagrada se ve obligado a contar la historia de su vida. Una historia que abarca años, desde su juventud en la abadía de San Michon y el amor prohibido que presagió su ruina hasta la traición que aniquiló la orden. Durante tres décadas, los vampiros han luchado contra los humanos, cimentando así su imperio eterno mientras el nuestro se desangra. Ahora los que sobrevivimos somos sólo unas chispas de luz en un mar de oscuridad creciente.

Empire of the Vampire: the full-colour special edition of Empire of the Vampire: the full-colour special edition of

But it's not a book for children. So, if the bookstore puts it in the wrong section alongside ILLUMINAE and you find your baby reading it whilst bleeding from the eyes, before you send me an angry mail, pls consider that I warned you. Gabriel de Leon recalls the love, euphoria and peace he felt, in the arms of the woman he had promised his heart to, until the unthinkable happens and he sinks his teeth into her body, drinking the life from her and in that moment changing his own because “…he knew the colour of want. And that colour was red.”, But it also revealed who he was, and so is claimed by the ‘Empire and San Michon’ where he becomes defender of the empire, and keeper of the holy faith… the empires sword, their shield and their hope’. But all of it to save him from utter damnation, because he is a vampire. Our good initiate will eventually figure out that your breasts, whilst magnificent, aren't any real impediment to combat prowess." So this is my review, more like a recipe for a very enjoyable tale than a critique of plot or characterization. Because I have mentioned so many things that may be seen as 'standard' in fantasy novel, let me assure you that there are no standard characters nor a standard plot between these covers. It's an engrossing read in a rich world. Una historia que una vez la empiezas, no paras, primero es por una cosa, luego por otra y luego se le añaden diez más. Todos los aspectos del libro, personajes, worldbuilding, trama, historia ya sea presente y pasado, giros, acción, humor y sexo, se llevan un 10. Nada flojea.

The Empire of the Vampire Series in Order (2 Books)

the story is dark and gritty and vulgar and takes vampires, as well as the tale of the holy grail, in a completely unique and bloody direction. JK wasnt lying when he said this book is for adults only - it gives ‘nevernight’ a run for its money in terms of mature content. but i love how brutally real this feels. if vampires were to take over the world, this is exactly how i imagine it would be. the world-building is outstanding and really creates such an immersive setting. the amazing illustrations really add to that, as well!

Empire of the Vampire: The New First Book in 2021’s Latest Empire of the Vampire: The New First Book in 2021’s Latest

The author cites Rice’s aforementioned Interview with the Vampire as “the biggest influence” on this story. “I’ve loved that book since I was a kid,” he says. “And one of the strong themes that permeates that text is that nothing is forever. Everything goes away on a long enough timeline.” And, again, I just find it hilarious how serious this book tried to take itself, because if it was a satire or a comedy?? Absolutely here for it. I mean, how can you have something like this— 'spirits that strong will burn like a trencherman’s fart in a candleshop'—and other various phrases and expect this book to be viewed as something edgy, something dark, something just so gruesome and unique and whining about how your magnificent "magnum opus" didn't make GR Choice selection blah blah WHEN YOU WRITE LIKE THIS??? Gabriel- Our main character, he was so flawed, so morally grey..maybe just grey towards the end. Idk what to make of him. Was he a good guy or bad? You are the judge but he certainly was interesting. I also liked the supporting character, Dior. I am the boy's master. He's impatient. Arrogant. Far too keen for glory. But he's one of the finest swords I've trained, and he took down this highblood alone, drugged to the eyeballs on rêvre. If what I suspect of his line is true... he could be the greatest of us, Talon." "Or the most terrible."

The book was near falling to pieces, but the lettering was still visible, faint and faded, oui, but still there. This, too, was a strange immortality. Poems, stories, ideas, frozen forever in time. The simple wonder of books.” On specifics, here are a collection of the ways in which this book managed to be the single most misogynist piece of writing I’ve ever had the misfortune to experience: but he mostly gets away with his drunken " I am the night" routine, because who doesn't like a tall, dark, half-vampire dude with magic tattoos and a tragic past and beautiful hair, honestly, that shit is money in the bank where's my Emmy.

Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff | Waterstones Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff | Waterstones

It has been twenty-seven long years since the last sunrise. For nearly three decades, vampires have waged war against humanity; building their eternal empire even as they tear down our own. Now, only a few tiny sparks of light endure in a sea of darkness. I’m not even going to get into the relationship he paints between a character we’re told is 14 and a woman we believe to be a grown ass adult. Is it better that we eventually find out their ages are actually 16 and 19? (still gross, btw) No, it does not matter, because he wrote it very specifically to make you think you were reading about a 14 year old touching a grown woman.

Read Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff

but honestly, the waves of nostalgia i constantly felt throughout is what surprised me the most. the narrative format reminds me so dang much of ‘the name of the wind.’ from the prologue/epilogue combination, to how a man of legend recounts his tale of how he has fallen so far, and just the overall vibe reminded me how much my heart loves these kind of stories. I'm also gonna talk about the language in here, and by language I mean not-English and how the author doesn't seem to get that YOU CAN JUST WRITE IN ENGLISH IT'S OKAY using 'oui', 'merci', and 'ma famille' instead of yes, thanks, and my family ( gonna ignore the halfway-started use of KEN for KNOW/KNOWING) okay! It doesn't add multicultural flavor; it just makes you look like an appropriator and looks dumb when used like that. I'll forgive it on Wattpad but not in a book published by a major company nor from an author who should really know better. Brad Pitt, Warner Bros Team to Adapt Sci-Fi YA Novel 'Illuminae' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. 20 November 2015. Well, if you don't like adult themes such as the following, this may not be the one for you: sexual situations, cursing (although if you were one who doesn't appreciate those so-called foul words, I don't think you'd have even made it this far through my review 😂), like LIT-ER-ALLY— LOADS & LOADS & LOADS & then some, of cursing/ foul language (I love it! Haha), graphic depictions of violence/ torture-ish(?), ideations of suicide on maybe one or two occasions, depictions of drug & alcohol addiction & withdrawal, death, lots & lots of death (don't want to say of who or what as to not spoil any of the story)... gah & if there is anything else that I remember later, i'll be sure to add it! Third, and this should probably have been a caveat. I'm not big on vampire stories. But this was from Jay Kristoff, so I gave it a try. It's still not my favorite sub-genre, but I would say Empire of the Vampire is much more than a vampire story. And I am grateful that, for all of their fine manners and sartorial elegance, these vampires are still nasty, evil, horrific villains. As vampires should be.

Empire of the Damned: The most hotly anticipated fantasy

The root of all these first world problems is simple to identify, of course: Three books is a LOT to bring out in a single year. And the solution to these problems is also simple: But music, de León…” The vampire leaned forward, animated for perhaps the first time since their conversation began. “Music is a truth beyond telling. A bridge between strangest souls. Two men who speak not a word of each other’s tongues may yet feel their hearts soar likewise at the same refrain. Gift a man the most important of lessons, he may forget it amorrow. Gift him a beautiful song, and he shall hum it ’til the day the crows make a castle of his bones.”TORTUOUS GD genius that he is! You'd think that it would be just plain painful... but no, nope, not a chance. For all the pain, there was so much utter bliss (not so much for the characters, though, because they face all manners of hardship for just a drop of happiness, it feels like...), in reading this absolutely fantastic tale.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop