Seven Days in June

Seven Days in June

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The morning that Audre travels to California to visit her dad for the summer, Shane is supposed to meet Eva and Audre for breakfast. He fails to appear, having had to rush off for one of his students at the last minute. Not having heard from Shane excites Eva's emotions. She feels hurt all over again. After dropping Audre at the airport, Eva goes home to write. In the process, she discovers the story she has wanted to tell for many years.

Decades later, Eva and Shane have learned to live without one another. Since high school, Eva has gone to rehab, attended college, won a writing contest, and signed a book deal. The book deal makes her a sensation in the world of erotic literature. Over the years, Eva continues expanding her Cursed series. Though she feels conflicted about the work, she also knows the books have sustained her. She lives with her daughter, Audre, in Park Slope, Brooklyn. Outside of writing, Eva has few friends and does little to expand her social life. Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Libra Goodreads Librarians are volunteers who help ensure the accuracy of information about books and authors in the Goodreads' catalog. The Goodreads Librarians Group is the official group for requesting additions or updates to the catalog, including: My favorite character 🫶🏻 the funniest, most adorable, lovable character in the book. She’s so precious 🥹 i love the way she loves Eva and her speech to shane about taking care of her mother had me in tears please i love her so much 🤧💘 her relationship with eva was one of the coolest mother and daughter relationship i’ve ever read. They were best friends before they were mother and daughter. They were each other half i just love them sm 🫶🏻🫶🏻 It is observed on 29 June annually to spread awareness about conservation strategies and to promote tropical regions on Earth.

Need Help?

I loved EVERYTHING about this gem! The chemistry between Eva and Shane is OFF THE CHARTS! I felt electricity in the air every time I read a scene with them in the vicinity of each other. While there is a scene or two with serious steam, it doesn’t overpower the book, and still allows for deeper aspects. Shane-I can't even properly articulate how I feel about this man. His story is so heartbreaking and I love him so much. The dedication he has to look after and care so much for his students bc he knows what it's like to be in their shoes is inspiring and speaks to his character and his heart. Eva has always been the love of his life and the way he holds her in such high respect for all that she has accomplished and the way he loves her unconditionally and wants to be the one to care for her through her illness had me misty the entire book. All the while he is forging his own battle with alcoholism and staying sober. The way he speaks and thinks about Eva is GORGEOUS and then how he loves Audre!! 😍😭

Eva Mercy is a single mom and bestselling erotica writer who is feeling pressed from all sides. Shane Hall is a reclusive, enigmatic, award-winning novelist, who, to everyone’s surprise, shows up in New York. This book follows Eva, a semi-struggling romance writer and single mom, and Shane, an enigmatic wildly successful bad boy of the literary world. We find out that they spent 7 sordid days together in, you guessed it, June of one high school year or other, and also by sordid I mean "violent, sexual, addictive, and generally a huge unexpected tone shift for lil old me and our lil old characters." Summer Solstice is observed on 21, June. It is the longest day in India with the longest period of daylight. The following version of this book was used to create the guide: Williams, Tia. Seven Days in June. Grand Central Publishing, 2021. Generational trauma is a real and complicated thing to undo. I think it's interesting to look at past generations and current generations and see how they work through the things they've been through. As a millennial and proudly part of the first generation to talk about needing/encouraging people to seek psychological help -- this has been one of my favorite reads in a very long time.It’s very rare for me to like all the side characters when i read something but omg i loved all of the side characters in this book (except her peace of shit excuse of a mother ) all of them was very lovable and hilarious, kind and sweet.💕 That said, sometimes it can be too much and drag away from the storyline. But that’s not the case in Seven Days in June. I think it’s just the right amount of steam. The UN General Assembly proclaimed 26 June as International Day in Support of Victims of Torture on 12 December 1997 to eradicate torture and the effective functioning of the Convention against Torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

June 26: National Chocolate Pudding Day, Log Cabin Day* (last Sunday), Descendants' Day* (last Sunday) Eva-Eva is one of the strongest fmc's I think I have ever read. Dealing with an absolutely devastatingly painful disability that she endures with so much grace she is determined to provide the best life that she never had for her daughter Audre. Putting a tragic and volatile childhood behind her full of drug abuse, self harm, suicidal thoughts and instability, she remakes herself but she never forgets the one person who really SAW her and stole her heart. Eva and Shane find each other at a time when they are both drowning in so much pain. I found their story to be so touching and also loved how they were anchors for each other. The generational trauma and the relationship with her mother was so upsetting but also so real and my heart squeezed for Eva the entire time. World Hydrography Day is observed on 21 June every year to increase public awareness about hydrography science. Every year the International Hydrographic Organisation (IHO) and its international members celebrate this day. Eighteen-year-old Mallory Greenleaf is no longer interested in chess, not since her hypercompetitive dad left—the game calls up painful memories. But she grudgingly agrees to play in a charity tournament as a favor to best friend Easton Peña. After she unexpectedly beats current world champion Nolan Sawyer, she’s offered a fellowship that will prepare her to play professionally. Even though Mallory doesn’t want to play anymore, she needs the money that winning would provide; she’s delayed college to support her family, since her mother is chronically ill with rheumatoid arthritis and is unable to work regularly. The more time she spends with Nolan, the more Mallory comes to like and respect him—and the more time she spends playing chess, the more she remembers how much she loved it. But when she learns that Nolan has been keeping a big secret from her, she isn’t sure if she’ll be able to move past it to build a relationship with him. Filled with the author’s signature humor, well-developed characters, and realistic conflicts, plus the fully realized setting of competitive chess, this captivating romance will delight teen readers as well as Hazelwood’s adult fans. Mallory and Nolan are both cued white; there is some racial diversity among the supporting cast. Mallory and Easton are queer. I gotta be cursed. Almost all of my incredibly anticipated 2021 releases are just not hitting for me.The characters were both so dysfunctional, still recovering from their pasts. They needed therapy, not to jump into bed with each other! Especially Shane! Eva starts seeing Shane, and they rekindle their love. It’s clear to everyone at a party they attend, a party hosted by friend and mentor Cece, that they are a couple. Audre approves and spends some time talking to him at the party, and she invites him to come to their mother/daughter brunch before she leaves to visit her dad in California the next day. Present Conflicts

So now it’s another seven days together. They reconnect but Eva has plenty of questions and doubts when it comes to Shane. What happened fifteen years ago? And can they give it another go as adults? Eva and Shane Over the next seven days, amidst a steamy Brooklyn summer, Eva and Shane reconnect. But Eva is wary of the man who broke her heart and wants Shane out of the city so her life can return to normal. Before he disappears, though, she needs a few questions answered . . . June 21:Go Skateboarding Day, International Day of Yoga, National Seashell Day, National Selfie Day, Summer Solstice/Summer Begins* (varies), Make Music Day

Customer reviews

With its keen observations of creative life in America today, as well as the joys and complications of being a mother and a daughter, Seven Days in June is a hilarious, romantic, and sexy-as-hell story of two writers discovering their second chance at love. Eva and Shane finally talk and explain themselves. They then spend some time apart. Though they are not sharing the same physical location, they continue communicating via text. Once they are finally reunited, they decide to give their relationship another chance.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop