Biostrip 20 Paint Stripper 500ml, Paint Remover. Water Based Solution to effortlessly Remove Paint and Varnish from Wood, Brick, Concrete, Metal, uPVC, Glass and More

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Biostrip 20 Paint Stripper 500ml, Paint Remover. Water Based Solution to effortlessly Remove Paint and Varnish from Wood, Brick, Concrete, Metal, uPVC, Glass and More

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I've found 70% IPA doesn't shift paint that well, though it does weaken it. 99% is much better, so go with that one. I don’t want to scare anyone off the stuff, I can’t imagine it’s any worse than using neat bleach, some people use this stuff to clean wounds. But during my first experience using it I was so happy with the results I persisted in stripping minis for a good 6-8 hours solid. With latex gloves and no mask, sitting over the mini I was stripping, breathing in the fumes almost constantly. Also, I was in a poorly ventilated garage and at the end of this, I learned I had pierced a hole in my gloves so I had been absorbing it through my skin. It’s been only 4 days since I published this post and it’s already received quite a lot of interest. in fact, it has been the most popular post on the blog since I launched! There have been a few comments and questions about resin. The ones pictured below are not the ones I used but when I looked for images to go in this post I saw these and they looked awesome. You can get them from here. You just need a basic toothbrush with bristles only. Nothing with those plastic bits for cleaning your tongue. Just a classic toothbrush. If you have one an ultrasonic toothbrush would do a better job. Just Buy a Normal Toothbrush If you have an electric toothbrush consider using it with an old brush head to aid stripping. I would wrap the wrest of the brush in something to protect it from splatter

All stripping requires some work. I would suggest letting the models soak for a few hours, doing an initial tooth brush to loosen things, then a further soak to finish it off As the owners, developers and manufacturers of the full BIOSTRIP range of paint strippers, we know that our products are capable of performing in the toughest of applications and situations. The latest cutting edge formulations produce excellent results when stripping a wide range of paints from almost any type of surface, including wood, furniture, masonry, metals, plastics.Well, so far I've used quite a number of "things" to strip my miniatures. My latest attempt was with Isopropyl Alcohol and I can confirm what's been said so far: doesn't harm plastic, it *does* its job but requires a lot of scrubbing, it smells awfully and you don't want your skin get in touch with it for too long. If it gets in your eyes somehow, rinse out with water. If your eyes are Goblin Green afterwards, go see a Painboy ;) Instead of using one of several products where the best in each category have a single brand. There is one product you should be using and it may have several names. Note – Biostrip Plus is suitable for use on some plastic and rubber, but we would recommend testing a small area first.

The main reason for this is that most of the products here are very country-specific. Even the generic products like brake fluid and nail polish remover. People tend to want to see the ‘exact’ product used in other people’s examples and buy that exact product to get the exact same results. The issue here is that in your country, you’re probably subject to entirely different brands than those shown in the example you see. So you won’t get your hands on that exact one you want. The best examples I’ve seen are somewhere between SimpleGreen and Super Clean. You can’t get these in the UK, the best thing you can get in the UK is Dettol, an antiseptic and disinfectant which works for me but it’s really expensive and makes a hell of a mess! Clean your Airbrush with it, Whilst I wouldn’t soak your whole airbrush in IPA as it will likely break down your rubber seals. Dropping IPA in an Ultrasonic Bath along with your metal airbrush parts will clean them up very nicely. You can create a safer mix with some Distilled water which will be better on your seals and just submerge the lot if you want So yeah, that’s what it is. I am pretty sure this stuff is in most, if not all of the individual products listed above. You don't need to fill the whole container, if you fill it to half submerge your mins you can turn them half way through the procedure, saving alcohol Again these aren’t just useful to Strip Paint off Miniatures, they are great for keeping your greasy mitts off the models during painting and give you a better finish. Also to test how loaded your brush is before applying paint to your model.

FAQs

Now, I want to stress that I am no chemist, but from what I understand copied from (from Wikipedia) IPA is; Non-Toxic – safer for the user and the environment than traditional methylene chloride based products Coatings removed include:Water-based coatings, Varnishes, Primers (including aerospace), Primers containing chrome, Oil-based paints and Emulsion. Tip: For maximum effect cover the area coated in Biostrip Plus with polythene or cling film. This helps to prevent the Biostrip Plus from drying out and encourages a faster strip time.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop