My Monster and Me

My Monster and Me

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A I’m watching GBBO but always on catch up so I can fast forward through the adverts. Who has time for four tea breaks?! The nice thing is that this show doesn't talk down to kids like a lot of US programming does. I suppose that there is some educational content—such as learning to get along with those who are different from you, and living with a sibling that likes to make things hard on you— but it doesn't preach these concepts. Giving name to your emotion, understanding it in pictorial form, ways to ask for help is something that can help young children better deal with 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 in them. is written by award winning and very talented author Nadiya Hussain and this book is published by Penguin Random House Canada that talks about 𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 children. Honestly, I can't count how many times I have read this book so far with my kids and still it didn't lose its beauty and attraction because its message is very clear and super cute illustrations make it suitable for ages 3+. Four episodes from the series were turned into books. The first one was called monsters in the basement and was based on series 1, episode 1. The second book was called Monster mess and was based on series 1, episode 10. The third book was called Monster mess and was based on series 1, episode 12. The fourth and final book was called Monster school and was based on series 1, episode 2. Although all books are based on episodes from series 1, the third and fourth book were released during series 2. All books are written by Rory Growler.

A Writing is one of my very first loves – it’s the way I express myself and it’s something I’ve always loved doing. When I was about seven I wrote a poem that won a national competition and that was it, I got really into reading and writing in a big way and I’ve been doing it ever since; reading, writing, lots of poetry. I express myself in writing quite a lot although I never had a diary as a child, it was always make-believe and stories. Angela is preparing for a sleepover but her friends bail on her at the last minute. The Monsters offer to step in to prevent her being alone and, much to her surprise, she really enjoys their company. But then her friends suddenly turn up, leaving her in a difficult situation of trying to please them and the Monsters. NOTE: Only Series 2 Episodes 1-7 were broadcast in HD on BBC HD in Spring 2011 and Series 1 Episodes 1–4 on CBBC HD throughout December 2013, although all the episodes were filmed in HD. Series 1 episodes 5-13 were aired from 27 February until 11 March 2015. They were aired on CBBC HD. After watching one of Kate’s appearances on a cooking show, which goes disastrously wrong, the Monsters decide to launch their own TV network. They begin filming the family as they go about their day-to-day activities and want to report on stories outside. So to keep them indoors, Eddie convinces them there is another monster in the house called "Jamumzy". Meanwhile, Kate's cooking disaster makes her an internet sensation but for all the wrong reasons. Kate is preparing for a cookie competition and gives the rest of the family strict instructions to stay away. Naturally, they all ignore this and, unbeknownst to Kate, some of Norman's fur ends up in her cookie mix. She then wins the competition and lands a spot on a top cooking show. Already feeling the pressure of being on TV, she then learns the truth behind her success…

Explore the "Children's Books and Activities" discovery zone

I'm not certain why, but the Brits seem to give their kids some pretty good programming where US broadcasters just shove any old poorly-animated junk out and call it "educational". This British kids sitcom features your fairly standard dad/mom/older sister/young son family, but adds a trio of live-action monsters. Okay… they're giant puppets and people inside costumes, but they are handled pretty well. And, they are interesting to look at. I wrote this book about a little boy who sometimes finds life very hard because of how he is feeling. And everywhere that the boy goes he is followed by a huge, yellow monster. Let’s find about the boy and his monster together. The Carlsons are going away for the weekend to visit Kate’s mother. Just before they go, they have a new burglar alarm fitted but the men who installed it are burglars themselves and are planning using the Carlsons house to store their stolen goods for the weekend. The Monsters are initially terrified but, upon realizing that they are the meant to be the scary ones, they concoct a plan to deal with these "bugglers".

Haggis (performed by Don Austen, assisted by Sean Masterson (Episodes 1-6) and David Collins (Episodes 7-26), voiced by David C Collins) - A gigantic red and orange monster. He doesn't do a good job at being a monster since he tends to scare himself. In this delightful picture book, a boy introduces both himself and his monster, who has been with him for as long as he can remember. It is big and bossy and has a tendency to get in the way and stop him doing what he wants to do. It also hides itself from his parents. And nowit is enormous. The full series of Me and My Monsters was released as a box set in Germany and Switzerland. Also in Norway and Sweden. In Australia, there has been a DVD release of Me and My Monsters called Series 1: Episodes 1–7. As the title says it contains the first seven episodes only.

Need Help?

Renata’s wren encounter proves magical, one most children could only wish to experience outside of this lovely story. The humor is aimed at, I would guess, five through fifteen-year-olds but is actually kind of funny, even for this 55-year-old.

Eddie goes away for a weekend school trip and the Monsters are left feeling lost without their leader. Fiend initially proclaims himself as the new "King of the Monsters" but Angela persuades Haggis and Norman that they shouldn't let Fiend boss them around. This leads to each of the Monsters launching their own political campaign of why they should be the new King, resulting in a lot of annoyance for the family. Nadiya Hussain is a British baker, columnist, author and television presenter. The Secret Lives of the Amir Sisters is her debut novel.I’ve written recipe books with stories and I love writing for children, so it’s been exciting to work on my first picture book. Kate Carlson (played by Lauren Clair) – Eddie's mother; a self-employed cook who the monsters call "human-mum-thingy-person". This is such an effective book for reminding us all that though anxiety issues (or anger issues or indeed other mental health challenges) may be a part of life, they do not define us, and with the right strategies they can be managed. The illustrations are big, bold and endearing and every word of the well-chosen text is spot-on. A My publishers suggested Ella as the illustrator and I’m so glad they did, I LOVE her illustrations – she really got the message of the book.

Hussain’s new children’s book is a heartfelt tale about a little boy whose worry monster follows him everywhere. Inspired by her own experiences, it’s penned in the hope that no child who reads it will have to suffer in silence – as she did.

Subscribe

Eddie tells the monsters about swapping "teeny pets", the free toys that come in cereal boxes. However Fiend and Haggis soon become unhealthily obsessed with them. Meanwhile, Norman is injured after helping Angela retrieve a heavy trunk from the top cupboard of her room. Feeling guilty, she lets him use her bed and starts nursing him. After Angela gets straight A’s on her school report, Eddie becomes extremely nervous that his own report is going to be terrible. So to prevent his parents from getting it, he tries to find it in the post while the Monsters distract the rest of the family.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop