Idol, Burning

Idol, Burning

RRP: £14.99
Price: £7.495
£7.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Its good to stan someone (especially another fellow human) moderately, but I find that if it helps you to stay alive, just enjoy what you can . It makes for a fascinating coming-of-age story about obsession, and a vivid insight into otaku culture.

Idol, Burning is a barnburner and a prayer and a testament to the lengths that we'll go to reach for our dreams. I may be wrong, but I do get the impression that most contemporary Japanese literature features characters who are eccentrics and outsiders, often at odds with the expectations of society. Das führt bei Akari, die sowieso schon etwas neben der Spur ist, zu großer Verwirrung, die sie kaum in den Griff bekommt. Rin Usami exposes the patterns of fandom culture that rely on our basic needs: to be noticed, to be important, to be loved.That aside, it didn't feel like a wholly satisfying novel and I finished feeling like I wanted something a bit more from the narrative.

Participating in fandom activities and following its rituals turns out to be a substitute for love, meaningful relationships in real life, even religion. I was torn on the rating here; if I’m not sure I tend to lean towards generosity, but there are many ways in which Idol, Burning is unsatisfying, and I felt some of its potential was wasted.By fleeing into a dream world, Akari also harms her family, who seems to deeply care about her, but doesn't know how to help her when she tries to evade contact with the challenges of reality; plus of course, Akari harms herself, because she abandons her own life for the idol world in which she also exists - alone. Podoba mi się, że pokazuje jak social media mogą pochłonąć oraz jak internet wpływa na postrzeganie świata przez młodych ludzi. Nigdy nie byłam w nie wkręcona, ale wiele moich osób przyjacielskich siedziało w nich bardzo głęboko. Akari’s inability, perhaps unwillingness, to articulate why she is so disinterested in school or to make her parents and sister understand her struggles with her studies, is a cause of additional stress on the family unit.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop