I Am the Warrior: My Crazy Life Writing the Hits and Rocking the MTV Eighties

I Am the Warrior: My Crazy Life Writing the Hits and Rocking the MTV Eighties

RRP: £22.00
Price: £11
£11 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Otherwise it’s still an interesting account of living through the 80’s and making a career writing music for some of the most popular musicians at the the time. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libelous.

I Am the Warrior: My Crazy Life Writing the Hits and Ro…

The Best" was featured at the end of Joe Biden's victory speech following his election to the presidency of the United States in 2021.

Knight was replaced on keyboards in Spider, later renamed Shanghai for its eponymous and final album, before her former band folded in 1984. The name dropping isn't terribly gratuitous, in that there really were so many connections among people in the industry, and she clearly explains her relationships to them and each other.

Holly Knight (hardcover) : Target I Am The Warrior - By Holly Knight (hardcover) : Target

The process of songwriting and the reactions to the finalized versions of the songs are of interest here. Even if you were too young to remember or not even born yet, music from this decade continues to resonate today. I can't speak for his personality or stage presence, but aside from the sheer 80s aspect of the album, Paul's voice helped complete just how good 22B3 is.In fact, in the audio version of the book, which the author narrates, readers can also enjoy never-before-released snippets of the original demos to some of her biggest hits like “The Best” and “The Warrior. As someone who’s worked her entire life in the music business I appreciate her candor and the way she let nothing and no one stand in her way. I took off one star because I became really invested in her life but she didn't really talk about her 3 marriages or 2 kids until one brief mention at the end. Asked by an interviewer once why so many of her songs are about fighting or going into battle, Holly, realizing he was right, reflected: “…my songs were more about fighting for something, rather than with someone. It was offered in a hardcover edition by Permuted Press, a Kindle edition, and an Audible audio book, which she narrated.

I Am the Warrior | Book by Holly Knight | Official Publisher

I couldn’t help but hear the chorus of the title song, “I Am the Warrior” running through my head while reading the book! In November 2022, Knight released her memoir entitled, "I Am The Warrior: My Crazy Life Writing the Hits and Rocking the MTV Eighties.Backstage, onstage, in the studio, and on the road, this memoir is an impressively revealing life story by an articulate woman who welcomes her readers to take a look back at one of the most adventurous and colorful periods in music history. Her name became recognizable to me when I read song credits and noticed how many of these great songs were by her. When this biography was released, I got an autographed copy as I'd left radio years ago and it was pretty impossible for me to actually meet her.

I Am the Warrior: My Crazy Life Writing the Hits and Rocking

Backstage, onstage, in the studio, and on the road, this book is a revealing, bang-bang tale that welcomes you along for a look back at one of the most adventurous and colorful periods in music history.Not one to rest on her laurels, Knight is still as passionate and driven about music as she was in her late teens.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop