The Brontesaurus: An A–Z of Charlotte, Emily and Anne Brontë (and Branwell)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.

If you have nay questions regarding postage, such as why hasn't my package turned up, combined postage,etc then drop me a line. I particularly liked his advocation to future students of Charlotte Brontë to take the more radical and revisionist approach of addressing seriously the view that her work is predicated on her religious beliefs with perhaps a religious motive rather than persist with a more secularising critique. To enable personalised advertising (like interest-based ads), we may share your data with our marketing and advertising partners using cookies and other technologies.Erst einmal: das Buch liest sich wirklich flott weg und hebt sich durch den populärwissenschaftlichen, oft sogar humorvollen Stil erfrischend von den oft fast melodramatischen Werken über die Brontes ab. I loved reading this book as it was a fresh take on the Brontë history and not to be taken completely seriously. Zudem bedient sich Sutherland überwiegend aus aktuelleren Quellen, kaut nur wenig "altes Zeug" nach, das heute als fragwürdig gilt, und wenn, dann mit einem ironischen Unterton. John Sutherland is Lord Northcliffe Professor Emeritus at University College London and an eminent scholar in the field of Victorian fiction, author of many works including The Longman Companion to Victorian Fiction. Da die vielen Schnipsel der Bronte-Hinterlassenschaft immer noch durchforstet und mühsam gelesen werden (ein Projekt der Bronte-Society), kamen gerade in den letzten zehn Jahre viele interessante Dinge zu Tage, auch manchmal kleine Einzelheiten aus dem Alltag, die Sutherland immer mal wieder einstreut, auch um die Familie Bronte zu entmystifizieren.

Etsy’s 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centres that host Etsy. Bramwell the somewhat forgotten Brontë is mentioned quite a bit in this book which I found interesting as I did not know that much about him. John Sutherland is known for his unorthodox treatment of classical literature, and what he has to say about any nineteenth century novel is always well worth reading.John Sutherland's quirky, informative, perceptive and amusing book on some of the stranger aspects of the Brontës' lives is based on sound scholarship and deep affection for their personal lives.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop