Cottonwool Colin

Cottonwool Colin

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Fun to read, ideal for graduations, not too shabby for kids, and fabulous for overprotective adults, this is a picture book for all types, in all seasons. Jeanne has also worked on scripts for TV, including POLLY POCKET and THE SLOW NORRIS, and a pilot TV series for DR XARGLE. Afraid that her smallest child, Colin, will be hurt if he goes outside or plays, a mother mouse insists that he sit quietly indoors until his grandmother suggests wrapping him in cotton wool, which proves to be effective, but in a most unexpected way. She had her first picture book published by Andersen at the age of 21, and has won the Silver Medal Smarties Prize (Tadpole's Promise), the Nasen Special Needs Award (Susan Laughs), the Sheffield Children's Book Award (Who's in The Loo) and the Red House Children's Book Award (Bottoms Up). We also use them to help detect unauthorized access or activity that violate our terms of service, as well as to analyze site traffic and performance for our own site improvement efforts.

The fabulous team of Jeanne Willis and Tony Ross have brought us a fantastic story to read to our Moms! In fact, if she had just treated him like the rest of his siblings he would have had his life threatened significantly less often.

What I love about this book is that it sets up a pretty clear message without pandering to its audience. Multi-award-winning Tony Ross has become one of the best-known creators of original and traditional picture books and his work has been published all over the world. So one day his grandma told him to wrap up in a cotton ball so he did and while he was playing that day outside the cotton ball came off and he was alive by the end of the day and he was so excited. There stands Colin, happy as you please, and there's his mother, staring at an acorn as if it was the sword of Damocles incarnate.

This is a story about a kid who ends the book by walking off into the sunset to find his own way, dangers all around. Colin the smallest mouse wants to play outside with his brothers and sisters but is told to stay inside. Author Jeanne Willis has written over 80 children's books from picture books and stories for younger readers to teen novels.

I am a teacher but I am also a Mom and I have to admit that, like Colin, my students are probably smarter than me on this one!

He's the kind of illustrator that can show the world's largest conker heading straight for a little mouse holding a delicate umbrella and make it clear in some odd sense that this is one of the mouse's mother's paranoid fantasies. As a result, little Colin goes off all the time, and though bad things do sometimes happen, it's definitely worth it in the end. But what about the picture book that contains a subtle, understated, sly little message, not for children, but for their parents instead?And when he finally gets home – without his cotton wool, but feeling much BIGGER – he tells his worried mum that he can look after himself! But instead of keeping him safe, the cotton wool attracts the attention of every fierce creature imaginable – little boys, ducks, even foxes! Cottonball Colin comes to you directly from the loony team of Brits responsible for such books as Misery Moo and the infamous Tadpole's Promise. I think this book would be a more approprete for 3rd and 4th graders due to the concept of the book about the mouse growing up and being able to go out and faceing to the big wide world. But when Colin (wrapped in cotton) gets mistaken for a snowball and tossed into a freezing river, everything suddenly seems very dangerous.

However, the cotton wool actually ends up being the problem, as he gets chased, pecked at and soaked through as a result of his new protection.

If you establish a book as an ideal inspirational story for a graduating senior, you are set for life.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop