Water From A Vine Leaf

Water From A Vine Leaf

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Perfume Ranges and Teen Fashion Contests' Took up All Madonna's Time: Producer Sounds off on 'MDNA' Flop". 18 May 2012. That’s the primary role of a producer: be there. When it’s the artist’s project, they need to be able to be in the moment and know that it’s being recorded by someone who’s listening. Don’t ever neglect them.” Madonna’s previous album Bedtime Stories was co-produced with Nellee Hooper, whose career Orbit had looked at in envy at the time. “I’ve never had an abundance of confidence in my artistry,” William admits. That’s an incredible honour, but I don’t ask for details! I also get told – especially for Pieces In A Modern Style – that parents play my music to calm fractious children. But even Pure Shores for All Saints, not a clue. I remember in the studio thinking: ‘Oh my God, this is a turd. How am I going to deliver this to the label tomorrow?’ I’d been working on it for two months and had totally lost sight of its potential.”

It’s not like I’m a great painter,” he smiles. “Still, what better way to get my art out there than on a beautiful vinyl sleeve?” In 2015, his composition "The Name of the Wave" was used in the Oscar winning documentary Amy directed by Asif Kapadia. [21] That’s how I finally feel about my own records now. Who cares about the musicianship? All that matters is what comes out of the other end. As for living a lifestyle like Nellee had? I’ve got as much glamour in my life as I want.” The Best of Strange Cargos (1996, I.R.S.) – A compilation from Orbit's first three Strange Cargo albums, highlighted by two versions of "Water From A Vine Leaf", another collaboration with Beth Orton

Find sources: "William Orbit"– news · newspapers · books · scholar · JSTOR ( May 2021) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message) That balance between glamour and toil was epitomised by working with Madonna on one of the all-time great pop albums. This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. Please help by adding reliable sources. Contentious material about living people that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately. He performed in 2015 in Almaty, Kazakhstan, and at a gala at Banqueting House in London's Whitehall for the charity Together for Short Lives, a group that sponsors and supports children with terminal illnesses and their families. [22] During hours of studio time, if something marvellous does happen, you’d better capture it,” he smiles. “A lot of what you hear on Ray Of Light are moments captured when we didn’t really know that the tape was rolling.”

From THE HUMAN LEAGUE’s final Virgin album, ‘The Stars Are Going Out’ was a good tune from Oakey and Co that was one of four mixed by William Orbit in a bitty collection that also contained two songs produced by Martin Rushent and one by ex-ZTT cohort Bob Kraushaar. Strangely though, there appeared to be little of Orbit’s distinctive magic audible in the end result. It had been an unhappy time, as Orbit preferred to work without any of the band present, something they had not been prepared for. Strange Cargo III is the fourth album by electronic instrumentalist William Orbit. It is the third in a series of similarly titled albums: Strange Cargo, Strange Cargo II and Strange Cargo Hinterland.

On The Go

In the early '90s, Orbit briefly developed a new label which he called N'Gram. During the N'Gram period, he co-directed a showcase of the label at Queen Elizabeth Hall [16] on London's Southbank. The acts included The Electric Chamber (which performed the Pieces album), Strange Cargo, and Torch Song. There’s a wry glint of mischief to William Orbit if you ask about his art. A sense of adventure and the notion that anything is possible. And why not? He’s proved it can be done, time and time again… A co-write with the one-time princess of pop, ‘Alien’ highlighted Britney’s feelings of loneliness. However, a vocal warm-up recording without her characteristic electronic treatment was leaked onto the internet, prompting Orbit to say in defence of the starlet: “Whomever put this on the internet must have done so in a spirit of unkindness, but it can in no way detract from the fact that Britney is and always will be beyond stellar! She is magnificent! And that’s that.” a b c "The Official Charts Company: William Orbit". Official Charts Company . Retrieved 29 April 2011. He participated in the Liberatum International Cultural Festival [19] in Russia, during which he performed DJ sets in Moscow and Novosibirsk, Siberia.

I’d see producers like Nellee Hooper and think: ‘Look at that dude!’ Nellee seemed to party every night in the south of France with a model on each arm. I’d wonder how he found the time to make the actual records. But the simple answer is, none of that matters a jot so long as the records sound good. While the singles Funky Love Vibrations and Science And Melody were solid bangers, the public seemed confused over what Bassomatic wanted to be. Performance: WILLIAM ORBIT Royal Festival Hall, London. "Performance: WILLIAM ORBIT Royal Festival Hall, London", 'Independent', Monday 24 July 1995. He was one of the writers and one of the producers on the Chris Brown song " Don't Wake Me Up" which was recorded at Record Plant in LA and for which he received an ASCAP [20] award in 2013.

Comprising Orbit, Laurie Mayer, Grant Gilbert and latterly Rico Conning who subsequently worked with Martin Gore on the ‘Counterfeit’ collection, TORCH SONG were signed by music entrepreneur by Miles Copeland; the advance allowed for Orbit to build up his Guerilla Studios. ‘Prepare To Energise’ is probably still their best known tune, a pulsating cosmic club favourite with robotic voices and synthesized textures which featured in the film ‘Bachelor Party’ that was maybe ahead of its time. With his new found fame via MADONNA, Orbit was given the opportunity to reissue ‘Pieces In A Modern Style’ and included several new recordings, one of which was Ludwig Van Beethoven’s lesser known ‘Triple Concerto’. With synthetic bells and glistening pentatonics reminiscent of Ryuichi Sakamoto added for a soothing lullaby effect, use was also made of the metallic percussive loop that had been part of his version of Arvo Pärt’s ‘Cantus’ from the original withdrawn album… waste not, want not! Imposter syndrome has been with me all along. I don’t think I’m a real musician, because I need notes written in Sharpie to tell me what to play on the piano. I’m good on guitar, but I’ve always felt a fake. Not officially released, alternate demo version available on the CERAMIC HELLO album ‘The Absence Of A Canary V1.1’ via Vinyl On Demand

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop