OTTY Original UK Double Luxury Hybrid Mattress - Up to 2000 16cm Pocket Springs, Heat Regulating Air Flow System, Washable Cover - 25cm Thickness, Medium-Firm Support - Bed In A Box - 100 Night Trial

£323.7
FREE Shipping

OTTY Original UK Double Luxury Hybrid Mattress - Up to 2000 16cm Pocket Springs, Heat Regulating Air Flow System, Washable Cover - 25cm Thickness, Medium-Firm Support - Bed In A Box - 100 Night Trial

RRP: £647.40
Price: £323.7
£323.7 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

OTTY Sleep Ltd are a UK-based company that sell a small range of different mattresses – some are memory foam, some are ‘hybrid’ mattress and some even boast charcoal layers. For the most part, the “ OTTY Hybrid” is their best-selling model, so this is what I am focusing on mostly in my review here. Firmer mattress are NOT so good for front sleepers, as they don’t have the full softness that means your body won’t sink into the mattress as much – causing some possible aches and pains. If you are a front sleeper then consider other brands.

Deterioration causing the Mattress to have a visible indentation greater than one (1) inch that is not associated with an indentation or sag which results from use of an improper or unsupportive foundation or adjustable bed base. The reason for that is likely because their mattresses appear to be made in China. I couldn’t find much more information on this, apart from this article, but given that most products are made in China now, I don’t see why it’d be any lower-quality than other brands. You may have concerns with buying anything from China – so if that’s you, then maybe look at another brand. If you’re able to spend a bit more, and want a Hybrid mattress made in Britain (aside from Simba), then read my full, unbiased Brook + Wilde review here. Second layer: A 14cm layer consisting of 2000 capsule springs which adjust to your body weight while you are in bed. Top layer: A 3cm Cool Blue Gel memory foam layer which is designed by OTTY and keeps the mattress in the right temperature during sleep. So instead I am using my own “firmness scale” which isn’t as scientific as it sounds; on the scale, the OTTY (with 10 being very firm), I would say that the OTTY mattress is a 6.8. That means that it is ideal for those who like their mattress to be slightly firmer than the “average” mattress.When you’re comparing the best mattress brands, there comes a point where they all start to blur into one. If you’re not careful then you start to lose the will to live! I have hand-reviewed all the biggest mattress-in-a-box brands in the UK — so that you don’t have to; below I review the newest contender to the market – OTTY. I found the Otty Original Hybrid to have a nice bit of squish and softness underhand, without failing to support the body, making it one of the most comfortable hybrid designs I’ve tried. Obviously I can’t tell you which mattress you “must” buy, as I try to be unbiased and neutral, allowing you to form your own opinion.

With all that being said, though, I’m inclined to agree with Otty. I’d place the Pure Hybrid somewhere in the 6.5 range, perhaps a smidge firmer when used on a solid base. While some mattresses can soften up after the first few days, I found the Pure Hybrid comfortable from the first night with little change over the following few days. While the mattress can be placed on any standard base – including divans, platform beds and adjustable beds – or even the floor, Otty recommends using a slatted frame as it allows the air to circulate most effectively. And, to get the best from your mattress, you’ll also need to rotate it once a month for the first year, and once every three months from then on. Otty suggests waiting a minimum of four hours before sleeping on the new mattress as this is how long it takes for it to reach a usable depth once unrolled. To give it enough time to reach its full 25cm depth, I left it for 48 hours before giving it a try. But if you do need to sleep on it sooner, four hours should be enough for it to take shape. This is where the OTTY mattress range loses a few points (but they’re still one of my preferred brands). The shelf-life of memory foam mattresses (and therefore hybrid mattresses) is about 5-10 years. If you want to read more on why this is, then I have created this article to explain further. Finally, for extra peace of mind, the foam is CertiPur and Europur approved – which means that both the quality and toxicity of the foam pass the highest standards set by the governing body – and all Otty products are compliant with the UK’s fire regulations.As said above, I am focussing on the Hybrid mattress here mostly. But let’s not forget that, like many other brands nowadays, OTTY also offer a few other mattresses in their range: According to the Sleep Council, most people are looking for a mattress around the “Medium-Firm” mark, and this is where OTTY state that their Hybrid mattress appears. The Original Hybrid’s side support is impressive too, and I found the sides retained their shape well when I lay close to the edges, or sat on them to get in and out of bed.

Firmer mattresses are suitable for side sleepers because they don’t sink as much. If you are a side-sleeper then definitely consider the OTTY.On a scale of one to ten, with ten being the firmest, Otty advertises the Pure Hybrid as being a 6.5, medium-firm mattress, slightly softer than their standard Otty Hybrid. It’s worth noting that firmness is highly subjective and the same mattress can feel noticeably different depending on both your weight and the type of bed frame you use.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop