The Coldest Case (Bruno, Chief of Police)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I have read the first three novels in this series and jumping forward to the 14th was not a problem. Many of the characters from previous books are involved in this story with the exception of Gigi, the faithful basset hound belonging to Bruno. However, Bruno has a newer dog, another basset hound called Balzac. In this latest entry in the Bruno, Chief of Police, series, the Dordogne region is suffering through a terrible drought. That gave the story a particular currency for me since we also are suffering through an intense drought. Amazingly though, the drought does not seem to have affected Bruno's garden which is just as prolific as ever. Unfortunately, I do not find that to be the case in my garden.

Murder mystery starring Bruno, France's favourite policeman, plus food and wine, great characters and sunshine and everything that's wonderful about the Dordogne. Outstanding Individual Episode (In a Series Without a Regular Gay Character) – For episode "Best Friends". (2006) I throughly enjoyed "The Coldest Case" and think it is a solid entry among the Bruno books. The actual mystery itself isn't the most interesting but the broader story and subplots are quite strong. As usual for the series, there are multiple plot lines that become entangled/blow up to a higher level. While the same can not be said for every book in this series, the growing complexity of the case is handled well in this book. One small critique is that several times Henri is referred to as the actual wanted murderer for the crime of killing Max aka Oscar, when Henri should have been no more than a suspect. Initially, there was no clear motive, and later, even when there was a potential motive, there was no clear evidence to warrant making a definitive statement. A little further investigation told Barker that several key figures in the Wiley case—Shelli’s sister and niece, her roommate at the time of the murder (who had been at her boyfriend’s home that night), and the police detective who had revived the cold case—were convinced that Lamb had killed Wiley. Lamb often stayed at a friend’s apartment in the same complex, he was there alone on the night of the crime, and his blood was found at the scene. But Lamb was a former police officer, well-known to the detectives investigating the crime, and his accusers insist that he was never taken seriously as a suspect for that reason. I laughed out loud when he went into his garden and found a summer truffle in moments for breakfast... And when the emergency strikes he finds 2 (count them !) solutions that make a huge difference to the outcome as well as come up with a series of radical improvements to the disaster plan.

This section does not cite any sources. Please help improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. ( January 2020) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message)

So this is just terrible. I'm trying to milk my audible free trial for all its worth since it's ending soon and I figured, why not this? I love crime thrillers. It's a short audiobook with less than 4 hours. I was on long drive home. It has star-studded cast of Aaron Paul, Krysten Ritter and Alexis Bledel. So, this should be good right?Company Star Media produced Russian adaptation of the series (broadcast in Russia under the title Detective Rush) named Without Prescription. [8] The show consists of 25 episodes. [9] Satire [ edit ]

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop