Misfit (Prep Book 1)

Misfit (Prep Book 1)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

If you enjoy shows like Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars then this book (and series) is for you!

Misfit (Prep) - Kindle edition by Kennedy, Elle. Contemporary

Now usually I'm not a fan of the multiple POVs in romance books. And most books I've read that had this lost the romance along the way. The multiple character POVs got confusing and watered down the plot. This was definitely not the case here. If anything, the additional character POVs enriched and added to the plot to make it all the more delicious. Particularly the hedonistic Lawson with his evil intentions. God, I can't wait until his book. But I digress. I THOUGHT RJ'S character was unique and different from most male MCs in romance books. I would describe him as introverted but not shy or awkward, just prefers the company of computers to people sometimes 😅 Sure, he was a little too edgy and a little too good at everything but I didn't really care. I love the nerdy ones so this hit right for me lol Misfit is Elle Kennedy's newest addicting read. This book kept me engaged from start to finish. I listened to the audiobook and never wanted to push pause.Misfit by Elle Kennedy is the first book in the new adult Prep series. It is mainly set in New Hampshire at the elite prep school Sandover, and features a group of seniors. Remington John (RJ) Shaw has just found out that his mom is marrying a wealthy man he has never met and RJ is being sent to Sandover Prep, a boarding school for rich male delinquents for his senior year along with his new stepbrother, Fennelly (Fenn) Bishop. RJ is a loner and doesn’t see the point of trying to get along with anyone. That changes when he somehow starts making friends. Then he meets Sloane Trescott, the headmaster’s daughter who is off-limits to the students. However, RJ doesn’t believe in rules and decides to win her. Sloane is determined not to get involved after breaking up with ex-boyfriend. We get introduce to the cast of enigmatic characters like his step brother Fenn, his friends Lawson and Silas. As well as Sloane and her sister Casey. Did I also get intrigued by Sloane's douchey ex, Duke? Yes, yes I did. But that's a discussion for another day.

Misfit By Elle Kennedy |The Works

This was good! I am a fan of Elle Kennedy’s writing so when this book landed on my doorstep, I could not wait to read it. I liked the multiple points of view used to tell this story and I liked most of the characters but I felt like RJ, Sloane, and Fenn were the ones that shined which worked perfectly since they seemed to be at the center of the action most often. The story follows a group of boys that attend a private all-boys prep school called Sandover Prep. We also meet the headmaster’s daughters who are hard to resist. Dar, atunci când este trimis la aceeași școală cu Fenn, fratele său vitreg, situația începe să se schimbe. RJ's flighty mother marries a rich guy and suddenly he's immersed in an entirely different world of prep school, private schools, and a new step brother. A loner by his own admission, RJ doesn't like to form ties because he knows it won't last. After all, the guy has switched schools 5 times in the last 3 years due to his mother's moving around. He's a rebel without a cause and I fell head over heels for him immediately.Kennedy wanted a spectrum of stories that happened all over this prep school universe? Well, she could’ve just focused on the mmc and fmc and THEN wrote the next mmc and fmc ON THE NEXT BOOK. Small introductions about everyone would’ve sufficed. She’s one of those people who are hard to get close to. You think you know them, that you’re in there, but then they rearrange the furniture, and you realize you were only ever talking to a reflection of a reflection in a hall of mirrors, still totally out of reach. IT SEEMED LIKE the multiple POVs were either a hit or miss for most people and it was definitely a hit for me, which is rare because I normally don't like multi-POV books as much. I feel super invested in some of the other character's stories already and I can't wait to see them play out in the sequels Wat een bizar boek. Ik heb geen woorden voor hoe bizar. Ik heb in geen tijden zoiets problematisch gelezen. En in 2023????? Bizar, haha.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop