Emotion Code, The: How to Release Your Trapped Emotions for Abundant Health, Love, and Happiness (Updated and Expanded Edition)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Emotion Code, The: How to Release Your Trapped Emotions for Abundant Health, Love, and Happiness (Updated and Expanded Edition)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Even though we are adults now and we thought that we have already overcome our childhood traumas, our past is still pretty much sabotaging our life and controlling our actions now.

We have a nine-year-old with big feelings, which has prompted us to explore how to navigate feelings more intentionally. We homeschool, and are using aspects of this article to help all three of our children in better understanding of themselves (and us parents as well). Making our own illustration of the chart for the wall! Thank you for sharing this life-changing stuff! Reply This degree of change in intensity, from very strong to not so much, produces the diverse amount of emotions we can feel. Such as: Sacharin, V., Schlegel, K., & Scherer, K. (2012, August 13). Geneva Emotion Wheel Rating Study. Retrieved from http://www.affective-sciences.org/files/4514/6720/4016/Geneva_Emotion_Wheel_Rating_Study_Report_2012_08_11_2.0.pdf As a child, you might face overwhelming emotions such as fear, helplessness, grief, and anger. These emotions are difficult for an adult to handle. Let alone a child. By having an intersex protagonist, Eugenides takes on the assumption that categories cut nature at its joints”A video book is a physical book that once opened – plays your video. You read that right – abook that plays video! The beauty of this tool is in its ability to simplify complex concepts. Understanding is a crucial step to solving any dilemma. When the question concerns our emotions that we process on a subconscious level, it can be hard to first identify and verbalize our needs. By sharing, the client can open up and initiate propulsion for change and self-improvement. It also helps create a positive rapport between the client and counselor or therapist. 4. Empowers individuals There are sections that include information on setting goals, maintaining progress, rating scales, gratitude journals, exercises for practicing mindfulness, acceptance, and forgiveness, worksheets and more.

A beautiful book that describes a range of emotions and how they make you feel physically, with simple language that children will relate to. For example, let’s say I mention, “I had pizza yesterday for dinner.” If I just say the word ‘pizza,’ I’m feeling a bunch of things. I’m tasting things, I’m seeing things in my mind’s eye, and when I say the word ‘pizza,’ the word conjures some of those features in your mind too. So we can communicate easily. I have some features in my mind, I say a word, and then your brain conjures some of those features. Very efficient. Similarly, we both speak English, so if I say I’m ‘sad,’ – if I say, ‘I was really sad yesterday when a friend of mine told me he was moving away’ –­ that word in that context allows your brain to conjure a bunch of features in your mind that might also be in mine. It’s like a guess. You’re guessing at how I’m feeling. Your guess might be not identical, but if it’s pretty close, then we are communicating. If you have unresolved emotional pain or have a bad childhood, this book is for you. It helps you love yourself the way you have always wanted to be loved by your parents. But here’s the cool thing: there’s no single set of features that every woman shares with every other woman and that some men do not share. There may be no firm boundary between male and female, it’s more like a fuzzy graded boundary, and there are some number of people who have some characteristics of being male and some of being female, or some characteristics that are sort of half way between what we conventionally understand as male and female. Depending on which characteristics you focus on, between .05% and 1.7% of the world population who are intersex. Watkins, A. (2014, October 29). How Controlling Your Emotional Responses Can Improve Your Performance at Work. Retrieved from https://trainingmag.com/how-controlling-your-emotional-responses-can-improve-your-performance-workWe’ve published a number of studies and recently a review paper, showing that knowing more emotion concepts, having a broader emotional vocabulary – what we call emotional granularity – actually has beneficial health and mental health outcomes, even when you’re being more granular about negative emotion. In fact, there’s research coming out of the emotional intelligence lab from Yale University, showing that when you expand children’s emotion vocabulary you don’t just improve their emotional lives – their ability to regulate negative emotion – you also improve their social regulation, their behaviour with their peers, and even in certain cases their academic performance. I describe these findings in my book and explain the neuroscience behind them. One of the ideas in this book is that minds are predictive, not reactive. It feels to us like we just react to the things that are happening to us, but in fact our brains are constantly guessing what’s going to happen in the next moment. Dan’s book was one of the first books that really took on this idea of prediction – which is, I would say, one of the great innovations in the last decade or two of neuroscience research. The book describes prediction in very straightforward terms, and he’s not talking about the neuroscience here, he’s really just talking about psychology, just the mind. There are two other books, The Predictive Mind, and Surfing Uncertainty, which take on some of these ideas in a little bit more detail. Maintaining a journal of emotions, where one writes about what they felt throughout the day and what caused it, is a great way to incorporate reflection with this tool. 3. Provides an opportunity for sharing There are several tools that can help children understand their emotions. With the release of Pixar’s animated movie, Inside Out, which focuses on the emotions we feel within us, there are many materials available to start such conversations with younger kids.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop